Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Psychology Exam

Rate this question

gp747

Question

i am scheduled for two exams ,one is a psychology test and one is psychology

clinic. if you have been through this i need your advice.

(1)should i take some of my records of hospitalization summary's ?

(2)i know i need to take someone with me who knows my history,but that may

not be possible everybody is passed and my wife may have to be in hospital.

(3) what do i need to look up and read for bi-polar,panic attacks, ptsd ?

(4) i am 30% bi-polar and ptsd ,panic attacks was listed on my award.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I just took a two hour multiple choice psychological test thursday that was ordered by the VA psychiatrist and given by the psychologist. The only reason they ordered it was for the psychiatrist to get some ideas of my mental state, I guess.

There were three parts with the last part the longest. Having ADHD made it difficult to hold my attention. I noticed some questions were repeated through all three sections.

The psychologist said that either she would write a report and give it to the psychiatrist or I would meet with her and the psychiatrist and discuss it.

Some of the questions would deal with alcohol or drugs. Some with relationships. Some crazy questions like "Do you see animals or people that others don't see?" . Some benign questions like would you like to be a florist. Some questions about nightmares and experiences you don't want to talk about. Some questions about your value system like is it okay for you to cheat on something or take something if it's not hurting anyone. I could go on and on. But If you want to answer honestly it's easy to do. If you want to appear that you are a psycho crazy and have no relation with reality, you can do that easily. I think they repeat questions throughout just to see if you are being truthful. But it keeps you on your toes because there is not one question that is like the next question. They are all over the board. That is why I was having trouble concentrating and needed to reread questions.

I was just in a room by myself with the computer. This psychologist who is young and condesending with her remarks is hard to take . The first time I met with her she asked if I knew how to read. This time she asked me if I new how to use a mouse on the computer. Next time I met with her I am going to ask her if she is a pediatric psychologist working with 3 year olds.

So just relax and click the mouse about a thousand times and be on your way because they send it out to be evaluated I would think.

Peace, Cuchi

thanks i think if i am honest which i have been all along is the best way to go

because i definitely am screwed up and have the documentation to prove it.

i have taken their tests multiple questions before and showed in my favor and

i was very honest. i dont know why but i cannot bring myself to lie on these

things. i feel as i am doing wrong and it would stay on my mind a lot and i cant take

that kind of worry.

I just took a two hour multiple choice psychological test thursday that was ordered by the VA psychiatrist and given by the psychologist. The only reason they ordered it was for the psychiatrist to get some ideas of my mental state, I guess.

There were three parts with the last part the longest. Having ADHD made it difficult to hold my attention. I noticed some questions were repeated through all three sections.

The psychologist said that either she would write a report and give it to the psychiatrist or I would meet with her and the psychiatrist and discuss it.

Some of the questions would deal with alcohol or drugs. Some with relationships. Some crazy questions like "Do you see animals or people that others don't see?" . Some benign questions like would you like to be a florist. Some questions about nightmares and experiences you don't want to talk about. Some questions about your value system like is it okay for you to cheat on something or take something if it's not hurting anyone. I could go on and on. But If you want to answer honestly it's easy to do. If you want to appear that you are a psycho crazy and have no relation with reality, you can do that easily. I think they repeat questions throughout just to see if you are being truthful. But it keeps you on your toes because there is not one question that is like the next question. They are all over the board. That is why I was having trouble concentrating and needed to reread questions.

I was just in a room by myself with the computer. This psychologist who is young and condesending with her remarks is hard to take . The first time I met with her she asked if I knew how to read. This time she asked me if I new how to use a mouse on the computer. Next time I met with her I am going to ask her if she is a pediatric psychologist working with 3 year olds.

So just relax and click the mouse about a thousand times and be on your way because they send it out to be evaluated I would think.

Peace, Cuchi

yeah i noticed on the last one i took the psychologist was condescending and i

did not like her at all. i don't know if that is part of their game or not.

I do think they are condescending on purpose to try to get an anger response out of us. Sadly, it works very well with me B) ...and bad notes are written in my records and my records are "flagged" (for lots of reasons).

So let them play their "head games" and respond that you can read or use a mouse "extremely well....thank you."

The idea is that the veterans joined the military because we nneded to, and that we are dumb with no other options.

" The enemy controls everything, the roads, the bombs, they even own when and where they will attack. But the second they make the mistake to attack, we own them" ME, reference to insurgents in Iraq

FYI,

these tests are based on the same questions reworded and asked 4 times to get the variable of all four answers.

I took a test for a head hunter recruiting company and I noticed it was the same questions over and over LOL. So stick to your guns and remember how you answer the previous questions.....

" The enemy controls everything, the roads, the bombs, they even own when and where they will attack. But the second they make the mistake to attack, we own them" ME, reference to insurgents in Iraq

Dear Skunk,

First I am sorry to read that your wife in not doing well....I will keep her in my prayers that a good outcome is not far away.

Now to the evaluation...like everyone has said be honest in all your answers if the doctor thinks you are not forth right in one answer then the doctor will tend to think all your answers may not be true. Second if you are asked "How are you feeling today" the normal response is "OK or Fine"...if you are having this evaluation you are neither Ok or fine...so do not tell the doctor that you are...if you were not sick you would not be there in the first place...tell them that you are having a bad day that this is not a good time in your life...now esp. with the added stress of your beloved being ill...DO NOT DOWN PLAY how you are feeling. If you normally wear jeans and tee's at home for goodness sake do not wear a dress suit...you are not there to impress anyone you are there to receive help. Everything you do is observed and noted...be polite to the doctor and using profanity or making threats will not help your case...remember that you need help and being rude never helps. Just be yourself and everything should be fine. I can relate to some of what you feel..esp. the need to prove everything with witness or documentation...that is part of PTSD so take a deep breath take your medical information, any records from law enforcement, if you were fired from a job a letter from someone as to why...perhaps you have a anger problem that causes you not to get along with others...as someone mentioned earlier if you are not working a current work history from Social Security is important...any information as to how your disability has impacted the quality of your life is important to the doctor in determining the percentage of impact your disability impairs you in the job market and every day living. Remember all mental health issue are clumped together into one rating so it does not matter how many diagnoses you have as far as in the mental health category goes...because the VA does not do pyramiding. Hopes this helps

MT