VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Obamas Agenda On Va Affairs

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why do we tolerate being treated like trash? There are so many of us and yet it just gets worse and worse. Nobody deserves better care more than vets. We have sacrificed the most and get treated like yesterday's garbage. The masters of the universe never serve and they float on red carpets from Wall Street to D.C. We get to carry their bags.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Smedley Butler said: "The bankers collected their profits, but the soldier pays the biggest part of the bill. If you don't believe this, visit the American cemeteries on the battlefields abroad. Or visit any of the veterans' hospitals in the United States."

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes." Major General Smedley Darlington Butler, USMC (1881-1940)

Edited by Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank God for Valet Parking....I know most of you won't think that the VA could get something right. But I love Valet Parking...no charge, but normally tip couple of dollars or more.

Don

Oh don't get me started on Valet parking......the Dayton VA seemed to find $$ for this before they could find $$ to hire a Gyn doc for the women vets.

They already provide a service to take ppl to and from their cars--still have that--on top of valet parking.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey guys and gals, I saw this and posted it, because I thought maybe it would be an ecouragement for vets knowing that the new administration is thinking of veterans in general. I, myself can use private physicians, through my wifes health care at a university. But, as of now I get my general health care at the VA and like it. There is a tremendous amount of interest among veterans who do make good money to enroll in the VA health care, which is good, and good. This is not 1970, every body knows the VA healthcare has come a long way. There is always improvement, but we should embrace what the VA/Gubberment is trying to do for veterans. I am talking health care, not claims. How many of you see homeless people carrying signs, who say they are veterans and need help, but we do not know how to or even know if these guys are veterans. I have to say, I have never been treated like trash at the Miami VAMC, I have had worse experiences in the private sector a few times. As far as the parking at the VA, they do have valet at the front of the hospital, I sometime use it and tip the guys a buck or two. If I dont want to park close I have the option of parking in the side lot which is a bit of a walk, but it wont hurt my fat ass to walk a little farther. Yippee, I have health care. ;)