VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review Process Help?

Rate this question

sunfish34

Question

I filed a NOD for my dh sc back injury Jan 8th 09, we recieved a letter today asking if he wants

to do a DRO review, is that the best way to go, and when we send in the reply do we send

in any new evidence? He also has two other claims in process, I have a feeling this is going

to take some more time and work, So far he is rated 10% for knee injury.Thank you

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"yes he hurt his back aboard ship and they even said so in the denial letter they sent us"

what was their rationale for denying that?

""also he was in a big car accident while in the service and treated for injuries at the base"

Were these conditions noted on his Discharge Physical?

Did you send them highlighted copies of his SMRS showing these injuries?

Did VA say that he had no compensable residuals?

Can he prove any chronicity of disability after service?

Is he being treated medically now for these conditions?

• HadIt.com Elder

Be sure the VA knows you are moving to a new state. As soon as you get moved call them and write them telling them you have moved. Otherwise, they will probably keep sending your information to your old address until your forwarding period ends and then the USPS will send it back to the VA as "forwarding period expired". Keep checking to make damn sure they have your new address. You file will have to be transferred to the Alabama VARO, and that might be good seeing as how Detroit is awful from what I hear. You need to stay on top of this and be a pest.

I will put in my 2cents worth. My advice is to wait until you get to Alabama and not persue Detroit because there is a big disparity among states, and Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, are in the "Triangle of doom" for VA claims. (Along with NY, of course). Frankly, you are much more likely to get your VA benefits approved in Alabama. The "friendly southerners" are much more likely to approve your claim than the cold northerners. It isnt right that there is a disparity among states, however, it is the reality. JMHO