Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update On Dad From Chris

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

My Dad went under the knife this morning and is doing well. The Doctors told us that they think they got it all, and will start chemo on Tuesday just as a prcaution. They said if he gets up out of the bed and walks around he could be home by Wednesday or Thursday, and then go back to the hospital to keep up his chemo treatments. BTW he is not in the VA Hospital as he no longer trusts them with his health care. He said to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Chris,

Knowing that tanker has a caring family is half of the battle. The other is the Dr advising they believe they removed all of the cancerous cells, and the follow up with chemo to be sure. Remember your dad will be weak, but needs to pace himself and still ambulate, move around. If there are certain foods/healthy drinks he likes unless contraindicated make sure he has it. He needs to build up, at intervals comfortable to him as the chemo takes alot out of him. Rest periods are important but the main objective's are comfort, hydration, rest, family and friends. Keep in touch. and tell your dad we hope he feels better soon to return to hadit. :angry:

My Dad went under the knife this morning and is doing well. The Doctors told us that they think they got it all, and will start chemo on Tuesday just as a prcaution. They said if he gets up out of the bed and walks around he could be home by Wednesday or Thursday, and then go back to the hospital to keep up his chemo treatments. BTW he is not in the VA Hospital as he no longer trusts them with his health care. He said to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Chris,

We will continue to raise your father up in prayer. One good thing about chemo is bald heads are still in. Tell him to take it slow and halla at us as soon as he can.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• HadIt.com Elder

That is encouraging news. He needs a lot of support and tell him if he needs anything, shoot me a PM.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Chris-

Glad to hear that surgery went well! I recall when my own Dad went through Chemo he did alot of walking, even while in the hospital and the docs said it was the best thing for him. So be sure that Tanker gets up and walks!! Even if you have to chase him!! LOL!!!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers...