Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ideas For Youtube Or Cnn Video On Veterans Issues

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I just PM'd Belle, and she has agreed to do a video on Veterans rights and post in on You tube. I asked her to be a spokesman for us because she is passionate about Veterans rights and because guys will want to watch the video just to see her!

If you have any ideas on what you would like to tell the world about Veterans rights, then this is a good time to post your story. Goodness..we can even vote on who's Veterans "story" is the best, or we could uses bits and pieces from multiple people.

I think there is a fairly good chance that if we work on this together, it could be a VERY popular Youtube or CNN video, possibly even seen by a million people.

I just dont think the politicians (or the VA) can ignore a million people watching a video!

If you have any good ideas for the video..as well as "your experience with the VA" please post them!

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think the format should be kept to short bullets of the types of issues:

Veteran missing leg waiting three years for disability.

30% of Veterans give up on their claim while dealing with VA bureaucracy.

Veteran born in 1979 was told Medical Records went up in flames in 1973 fire in St. Louis.

Followed by some statistics of some sort.

Average processing time?

Amount of paper work?

In total I think keep it short and concise and not boring. Just my thoughts.

I just PM'd Belle, and she has agreed to do a video on Veterans rights and post in on You tube. I asked her to be a spokesman for us because she is passionate about Veterans rights and because guys will want to watch the video just to see her!

Hang on there - if Southern is going to speak for Veterans and Claimants that's

one thing and a roger to it -- if she is going to speak for Hadit or all Hadit member's -

you'd have to run that by Tbird first At least that's the way I see it, in my opinion.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

See, Carlie, that's why hadit members need each other. I never thought of that! And you are right, of course.

My suggestion is that we carefully review what Belle is going to say..so that it is organized, concise,

accurate, and it reflects "our" position.

Of course, Belle can speak for herself and does not have to have anyone's permission, but, I think it would be much better if she could say that her position has been approved by _(enter number) Veterans.

Personally, I think we need a "tear jerker" story..about a real Veteran who has lost his home waiting for 4 years on VA benefits, etc. I know there are lots of them out here! "Tear Jerker's" will have emotional appeal and probably get lots of people to watch it. So post your "tear jerker" and we can tune and fine tune it..and make it a great video!

Edited by broncovet

Do a quasi-investigative piece about the VAMC's Release of Information department. They are helping to screw the veterans over.

Case in point: We have been requesting a veterans records from a VA Hospital (name withheld for now) since FEBRUARY of last year. I finally get the file and have made two requests in the passed few months. I called in January (which is documented in the file...twice) and the young lady at the ROI for the hospital said that they had the records, but they were in the storage area. They were fixing to be retired. I told her that I needed the records for his claim, and that we had been requesting them for over a year.

She told me (and there is a fax to prove it in the file) that she would pull the records out and send them.

I called back today to find out why we haven't gotten anything. I got transferred 3 times, and finally got an ROI clerk. I explained my needs to him (the lady isn't there anymore, I guess).

The ROI clerk very quickly said "Nope, we don't have any records for your requested time period". I NEVER gave him a time period!!!! I know they exist!!!! Lazy #%@*

My boss then said that it was opur "negative response", and that I needed to an unavailability statement to the veteran. I did not do one. I sent the file to JSRRC to attempt to verify his stressor (which cannot be verified), and I know that I will get the file back saying that I have to do the statement. Maybe by then I can find someone who gives two cents about the veteran so that I won't have to be a "whistleblower".

This is the first instance of this that I have personally encountered at our RO in my entire tenure there. I will NOT lay down for it!! I was in your shoes at one time. I do know what is going on.

Edited by Meddac

Do a quasi-investigative piece about the VAMC's Release of Information department. They are helping to screw the veterans over.

Case in point: We have been requesting a veterans records from a VA Hospital (name withheld for now) since FEBRUARY of last year. I finally get the file and have made two requests in the passed few months. I called in January (which is documented in the file...twice) and the young lady at the ROI for the hospital said that they had the records, but they were in the storage area. They were fixing to be retired. I told her that I needed the records for his claim, and that we had been requesting them for over a year.

She told me (and there is a fax to prove it in the file) that she would pull the records out and send them.

I called back today to find out why we haven't gotten anything. I got transferred 3 times, and finally got an ROI clerk. I explained my needs to him (the lady isn't there anymore, I guess).

The ROI clerk very quickly said "Nope, we don't have any records for your requested time period". I NEVER gave him a time period!!!! I know they exist!!!! Lazy #%@*

My boss then said that it was opur "negative response", and that I needed to an unavailability statement to the veteran. I did not do one. I sent the file to JSRRC to attempt to verify his stressor (which cannot be verified), and I know that I will get the file back saying that I have to do the statement. Maybe by then I can find someone who gives two cents about the veteran so that I won't have to be a "whistleblower".

This is the first instance of this that I have personally encountered at our RO in my entire tenure there. I will NOT lay down for it!! I was in your shoes at one time. I do know what is going on.

You are the exception to the rule. There a very few with your intergity. Be careful they will try to get rid of you. How dare you try to help the veterans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Oh, I am safe in my job. They can't get rid of me. I have too much on this one alone. I have never seen my boss direct anyone to do something like that.

I have the inside line, and they are fixing to know that...just gotta think it through, and not rush.