Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ideas For Youtube Or Cnn Video On Veterans Issues

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I just PM'd Belle, and she has agreed to do a video on Veterans rights and post in on You tube. I asked her to be a spokesman for us because she is passionate about Veterans rights and because guys will want to watch the video just to see her!

If you have any ideas on what you would like to tell the world about Veterans rights, then this is a good time to post your story. Goodness..we can even vote on who's Veterans "story" is the best, or we could uses bits and pieces from multiple people.

I think there is a fairly good chance that if we work on this together, it could be a VERY popular Youtube or CNN video, possibly even seen by a million people.

I just dont think the politicians (or the VA) can ignore a million people watching a video!

If you have any good ideas for the video..as well as "your experience with the VA" please post them!

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do a quasi-investigative piece about the VAMC's Release of Information department. They are helping to screw the veterans over.

Case in point: We have been requesting a veterans records from a VA Hospital (name withheld for now) since FEBRUARY of last year. I finally get the file and have made two requests in the passed few months. I called in January (which is documented in the file...twice) and the young lady at the ROI for the hospital said that they had the records, but they were in the storage area. They were fixing to be retired. I told her that I needed the records for his claim, and that we had been requesting them for over a year.

She told me (and there is a fax to prove it in the file) that she would pull the records out and send them.

I called back today to find out why we haven't gotten anything. I got transferred 3 times, and finally got an ROI clerk. I explained my needs to him (the lady isn't there anymore, I guess).

The ROI clerk very quickly said "Nope, we don't have any records for your requested time period". I NEVER gave him a time period!!!! I know they exist!!!! Lazy #%@*

My boss then said that it was opur "negative response", and that I needed to an unavailability statement to the veteran. I did not do one. I sent the file to JSRRC to attempt to verify his stressor (which cannot be verified), and I know that I will get the file back saying that I have to do the statement. Maybe by then I can find someone who gives two cents about the veteran so that I won't have to be a "whistleblower".

This is the first instance of this that I have personally encountered at our RO in my entire tenure there. I will NOT lay down for it!! I was in your shoes at one time. I do know what is going on.

You have my utmost respect, brother, for you are truly a Vet as well as a Vets advocate. I know without a doubt not all VSRs are bad people, and I really believe that most are there to try and help what little they can with the severe limitations put on them in that monster system.

I applaud you and your stance for Vets, Meddac; THANK YOU!

What I wrote seems to have hijacked this post... sorry broncovet. I only wanted to throw out an idea for a topic since I am now in the thick of it. I should have posted my situation on its own. Hopefully you will get several ideas for videos.

• HadIt.com Elder
What I wrote seems to have hijacked this post... sorry broncovet. I only wanted to throw out an idea for a topic since I am now in the thick of it. I should have posted my situation on its own. Hopefully you will get several ideas for videos.

I was a CID investigator, my claim is at the AMC. The Rater requested records from CID's record center which makes almost no sense. They won't issue any case file info, it's all classified as we investigated Felonies only. They have other stressors verified, and I sent them all the information that I had to include awards, orders, write-ups from bosses, etc I am not sure what else they could want at this time. I am under the impression that they are looking for a way to deny me the PTSD claim as the C&P opines that my PTSD and Depression are directly related to one verified stressor, and the CID time for which they don't seem to believe me. The Joint Records Center had told them to get the information from me for which I provided. I spoke to Kim at the AMC whom told me to just stick it out, she has seen my documentation and told me that I am in the right, but just not to give up.

Its ok meddac..we thank you for your great insight..keep it up.

Back on topic: PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR VA STORY: Here is mine

Hello

I am Southern belle and I would like to give you a warm southern welcome to my you tube video. I am from Georgia, but we are going to have some Veterans from (list states...)

So, grab your chair while I tell you a few things about how our government, (The VA) is treating our Nation's soldiers, sailors, and Marines who have risked their lives for our country.

I am pleased to tell you that I also am a Veteran!

Unfortunately, I need to tell you that the VA deserves an “F” in its “service” to Veterans. I am going to tell you about a few Veterans, around the country, and how the VA has treated them. Then, I am going to ask you to share this video with your friends, and then get a pen and paper and write to your congressman telling him that our nations Veterans deserve their benefits in a timely manner!

A Veteran from Colorado writes:

“ I served in the U.S. Navy in the Vietnam Era. Our barracks was located just under the San Diego Airport, and we constantly had jet engines roaring just a few feet above our head when the planes took off. This jet engine noise took its toll and I have a severe hearing loss, which developed over many years and now, I am unable to even watch a movie without “close captioning”.

I lived with the hearing loss for many years, but it gets progressively worse every year. Finally, in 2002, I got fired from my job, in no small part because I failed the company physical due to my hearing loss.

I applied for benefits with the VA in 2002, explaining to them in a letter how my hearing loss lead to my unemployment. The VA didnt listen to my letter at all, and put me in for just hearing loss and denied it in Nov. 2002 even tho my audiologist offered the opinion that my hearing loss was most likely due to military service.

I appealed, and the Board of Veterans appeals agreed with me awarding me a complete grant of benefit sought, in January 2004. I thought that they were going to compensate me and I would be able to keep my home, which was in foreclosure because people just dont want to hire an extremely hard of hearing person, tho I tried with all my might to get a job.

In February, 2004, the VA “decided” that, since the BVA awarded me benefits, they would “award” me a zero percent rating for hearing loss. Thats right..the VA interpreted a complete grant of benefits to mean that I got NOTHING. My home was foreclosed, my pickup truck was repossessed, and I was just days from being just another homeless Veteran.

It has been 7 years since I applied, and the VA has still given me only the very minimum of benefits, expecting me to live on about $600 per month. My VA paperwork has been shredded by the Cleveland Regional Office and they “cant find” major parts of my claim.

Even tho it is too late for me, I am asking for your help for my kids. If I get my VA benefits soon enough, they will still be young enough to go to college.

///Thank you..A Loyal Veteran

• Founder

if you feel hadit.com has been helpful to you then please do mention it! not sure if i have the time to read through each script and approve as coming from hadit.com and i don't think you want that, i would say members of hadit.com a veterans community or something like that, and say what you want. you can start a topic for whatever the topic of your youtube video is and post a link to the youtube video and from the youtube vide a link to the topic in the forum to discuss further. does this make sense?

Its ok meddac..we thank you for your great insight..keep it up.

Back on topic: PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR VA STORY: Here is mine

Hello

I am Southern belle and I would like to give you a warm southern welcome to my you tube video. I am from Georgia, but we are going to have some Veterans from (list states...)

So, grab your chair while I tell you a few things about how our government, (The VA) is treating our Nation's soldiers, sailors, and Marines who have risked their lives for our country.

I am pleased to tell you that I also am a Veteran!

Unfortunately, I need to tell you that the VA deserves an “F” in its “service” to Veterans. I am going to tell you about a few Veterans, around the country, and how the VA has treated them. Then, I am going to ask you to share this video with your friends, and then get a pen and paper and write to your congressman telling him that our nations Veterans deserve their benefits in a timely manner!

A Veteran from Colorado writes:

“ I served in the U.S. Navy in the Vietnam Era. Our barracks was located just under the San Diego Airport, and we constantly had jet engines roaring just a few feet above our head when the planes took off. This jet engine noise took its toll and I have a severe hearing loss, which developed over many years and now, I am unable to even watch a movie without “close captioning”.

I lived with the hearing loss for many years, but it gets progressively worse every year. Finally, in 2002, I got fired from my job, in no small part because I failed the company physical due to my hearing loss.

I applied for benefits with the VA in 2002, explaining to them in a letter how my hearing loss lead to my unemployment. The VA didnt listen to my letter at all, and put me in for just hearing loss and denied it in Nov. 2002 even tho my audiologist offered the opinion that my hearing loss was most likely due to military service.

I appealed, and the Board of Veterans appeals agreed with me awarding me a complete grant of benefit sought, in January 2004. I thought that they were going to compensate me and I would be able to keep my home, which was in foreclosure because people just dont want to hire an extremely hard of hearing person, tho I tried with all my might to get a job.

In February, 2004, the VA “decided” that, since the BVA awarded me benefits, they would “award” me a zero percent rating for hearing loss. Thats right..the VA interpreted a complete grant of benefits to mean that I got NOTHING. My home was foreclosed, my pickup truck was repossessed, and I was just days from being just another homeless Veteran.

It has been 7 years since I applied, and the VA has still given me only the very minimum of benefits, expecting me to live on about $600 per month. My VA paperwork has been shredded by the Cleveland Regional Office and they “cant find” major parts of my claim.

Even tho it is too late for me, I am asking for your help for my kids. If I get my VA benefits soon enough, they will still be young enough to go to college.

///Thank you..A Loyal Veteran

Yes, Tbird, hadit has made all this possible, and thank you for supporting this. If I have anything to say about it, then I will mention that anyone who is a Veteran or has a friend/family member who is a Vetran should visit www.hadit.com to get the "rest of the story".