Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ideas For Youtube Or Cnn Video On Veterans Issues

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I just PM'd Belle, and she has agreed to do a video on Veterans rights and post in on You tube. I asked her to be a spokesman for us because she is passionate about Veterans rights and because guys will want to watch the video just to see her!

If you have any ideas on what you would like to tell the world about Veterans rights, then this is a good time to post your story. Goodness..we can even vote on who's Veterans "story" is the best, or we could uses bits and pieces from multiple people.

I think there is a fairly good chance that if we work on this together, it could be a VERY popular Youtube or CNN video, possibly even seen by a million people.

I just dont think the politicians (or the VA) can ignore a million people watching a video!

If you have any good ideas for the video..as well as "your experience with the VA" please post them!

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I say...it sounds like a plan. Southernbelle, I agree with Carlie, you will do fine and the tips she gave are good. I know Broncovet commented in another thread about the guys watching you. But I just want to add to Carlie's tips...remember...women are veterans too. So, do us proud.

There are some female news reporters on youtube that undress during the show...................sorry I will stop.

Edited by cvsp

I think the story is good. There is no slander involved.

Slander would be if I said so & so is a child molester with no evidence to back it up. Evidence would be a conviction. But it is not slander if I say it seams that so & so is a child molester. Sorry for the analogy.

Lou Dobbs and most other member of the media often voice opinions of government policy and use names such as idiots to describe the policy makers. We should not sugar coat veterans opinion of the VA system. I see nothing wrong with the wording in the script.

However, I do think there should be an addition. I'll explain in my own words and you can use the idea of it or the entire thing if you wish or leave it out as desired. It is the paragraph that follows.

Though I am very upset with the VA claims proccess I am very gratefull for the benifits awarded to me by this country and it's people. I believe the VA claims proccess to be very anti-veteran but at the same time consider myself lucky to be a veteran of this country. I feel the people of this country truley want to take care of their veterans. I think the VA should be accountable for the mishandling of veterans claims and should treat this countries veterans as Congress and the people of of this country intended.

• HadIt.com Elder

I like your last paragraph. I'll work that in!

I think the story is good. There is no slander involved.

Slander would be if I said so & so is a child molester with no evidence to back it up. Evidence would be a conviction. But it is not slander if I say it seams that so & so is a child molester. Sorry for the analogy.

Lou Dobbs and most other member of the media often voice opinions of government policy and use names such as idiots to describe the policy makers. We should not sugar coat veterans opinion of the VA system. I see nothing wrong with the wording in the script.

However, I do think there should be an addition. I'll explain in my own words and you can use the idea of it or the entire thing if you wish or leave it out as desired. It is the paragraph that follows.

Though I am very upset with the VA claims proccess I am very gratefull for the benifits awarded to me by this country and it's people. I believe the VA claims proccess to be very anti-veteran but at the same time consider myself lucky to be a veteran of this country. I feel the people of this country truley want to take care of their veterans. I think the VA should be accountable for the mishandling of veterans claims and should treat this countries veterans as Congress and the people of of this country intended.

• HadIt.com Elder

Belle:

Perhaps you could put in your video that Veterans can find help and support for their claims at Hadit.com?

It is not an endorsement as much as a referral.

Meddacc:

Thank you for standing up for a Veteran.

This is just a personal observation but why would you speak of broncovet situation and not your own? and all the issues that have come up with you and yours dealing with tha v.a. and say that there are many many more vets with claims that have been fighting the v.a. for many more years, and claims longer than yours and how this cant be stood for type comment and that if you went to hadit then you could see for your self, and also since there is a new president in office with load voices sush as rush, or glen beck or someone like that who might be willing to bring this to the forefront of topics because of the new administration and there "promises" maybe there would be a chance that you could be heard quicker. This is all just a thought and my 2 cents worth, no disrespect meant to anyone