VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Recent Rating Decision - Cue Claim

Rate this question

sixthscents

Question

I know I have been away for a while, and I probably will be away again for a bit due to upcoming surgery etc. but I wanted to share with you all the most recent decision in a claim I filed.

The rater states under DECISION..

"The previous rating decision was clearly and unmistakably erroneous in failing to grant service connection for ...."

He He.. I won a CUE claim, and it backdates to the original claim date over 2 years ago. So, now the appeals (currently also at the rating board) will have to be decided. The claim that the CUE occurred on was the backbone of my claim for an increase in SMC though, so it was incredibly important that they see the mistake they made.

I was so proud of winning my CUE I just had to share. As many may or may not know CUE claims are really difficult to prove, unless the rater really made a huge mistake. Mine did, and the system WORKED. Slowly to be sure, but it WORKED. So don't give up hope, but make very sure you understand what a CUE claim is, before filing one.

Bob Smith

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Good news! I was awarded an increase/service connection this year, after the RO cue'd themselves. I did suggest or hint to it my Statement in Support of Claim. But I did not actually file a CUE claim...at least I don't remember doing that. So, you are absolutely right. It is a difficult claim to win...but not impossible. Take care and hope the surgery goes well. Best regards.

• HadIt.com Elder

Great Job Bob.

Cue is an option when they dio make mistakes and dont realize or comprehend they did as they so often do.

This proves that some folks know just as much or more than the actual VA personnel do when it comes to claims and the Regs set by congress.

J

Nice to see you are fighting!!