sharon

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This has been out for a while, that is why I was advising Active Duty with PTSD to make sure that they got the correct diagnosis and a board if possible before they got out. The military often uses intimidation to get you to sign away your rights.

Hi,

I started a PTSD topic here and it has just disappeared does anyone know where it went? Thanks for the info Sharon very much appreaciated.

Rule change for inservice v/s post service diagnosis of PTSD.

Attached File(s) pdf.gif Posttraumatic_Stress_Disorder.pdf ( 66.58K ) Number of downloads: 17

Hi,

I started a PTSD topic here and it has just disappeared does anyone know where it went? Thanks for the info Sharon very much appreaciated.

they combined your 2 post into one on the ptsd forum

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

• HadIt.com Elder

MikeR

We were told back in the day that those of us ETSing from Vietnam that if we wanted a discharge physical we would have to hang around stateside for weeks if not months to get the exam. Needless to say almost all just got their discharge papers and hauled ass. How many of us regret this now?

Broncovet stated

For "newer" Veterans, it also changes nothing because, if the Veteran was diagnosed with PTSD in service, then the verification of the stressor became moot.

You lost me here...what do you mean the verification of the stressor became moot? That's the whole point...isn't it? I mean, evidence is not required to be granted entitlement to service connection if you were treated in service for PTSD...after discharge it is either dx'd chronic or cured. Right? Maybe I read into your post something that I shouldn't have...just a bit confused by some of it.

MikeR, I didn't know anything about this rule change until Sharon posted here on Hadit, the other day. It is not just beneficial to the active duty...but to those of us who were treated in service for a chronic anxiety disorder, which may have been denoted as "general" in service and now considered "chronic PTSD" as in my case. I don't believe I will have a fight to see it service connected. My faith, unlike broncovet's, has been somewhat restored...not in the system...but in the application of the laws :lol:

Edited by luvHIM