Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

They Did It Again / Ro's And There Games They Play

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Well, the RO pulled another trick AAAAGAIN. I have know idea what its for but the RO has requested another C&P and I can only speculate at this time but I guess that my current diagnosis from 4 doc's of PTSD is not enough if this is what its for. I have my VA treating VA doc that provides my med says its PTSD and I did not know this till my SSD Hearing and I heard his gaf scores and I was shocked that they were down the line of 41, 42, 38, 40, 39 and I have other diagnosis from a VA appointed Psychologist/Counselor gaf of 41 and severe PTSD and the SSD examining Forensic Psychologist different then the GAF but PTSD and the severity was disabling. At the time of my hearing all my evidence was current and it has taken the Indy VARO 4 months to recommend me to a C&P this Wednesday! I say its for a C&P for PTSD because we had a pretty good heated discussion when he wanted to send me to one with all the current medical VA and Private but I said I would do it..

So as it goes now I was denied on a flimsy denial he apologized at the hearing for there mix up (screw up) because they had missed critical evidence and had gotten confused (they didn't read it was the problem and flat out denied every claim) and partly edited out parts of the hearing. I have not received any date of the C&P as of yet and I know there are worse out there but I now have 1 1/2 tied up in my initial claim and another 1 1/2 since my NOD and since my hearing I have wait for months just to be set up for a C&P so now its about a month for the C&P and another month minimum if I'm lucky for a decision. So if I'm lucky I am looking at another 3 months re-god-damn disgusted I can not even began to tell you all how pissed off this makes me they have no reason to do this they are only doing this because they can. Yog

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Well, the RO pulled another trick AAAAGAIN. I have know idea what its for but the RO has requested another C&P and I can only speculate at this time but I guess that my current diagnosis from 4 doc's of PTSD is not enough if this is what its for. I have my VA treating VA doc that provides my med says its PTSD and I did not know this till my SSD Hearing and I heard his gaf scores and I was shocked that they were down the line of 41, 42, 38, 40, 39 and I have other diagnosis from a VA appointed Psychologist/Counselor gaf of 41 and severe PTSD and the SSD examining Forensic Psychologist different then the GAF but PTSD and the severity was disabling. At the time of my hearing all my evidence was current and it has taken the Indy VARO 4 months to recommend me to a C&P this Wednesday! I say its for a C&P for PTSD because we had a pretty good heated discussion when he wanted to send me to one with all the current medical VA and Private but I said I would do it..

So as it goes now I was denied on a flimsy denial he apologized at the hearing for there mix up (screw up) because they had missed critical evidence and had gotten confused (they didn't read it was the problem and flat out denied every claim) and partly edited out parts of the hearing. I have not received any date of the C&P as of yet and I know there are worse out there but I now have 1 1/2 tied up in my initial claim and another 1 1/2 since my NOD and since my hearing I have wait for months just to be set up for a C&P so now its about a month for the C&P and another month minimum if I'm lucky for a decision. So if I'm lucky I am looking at another 3 months re-god-damn disgusted I can not even began to tell you all how pissed off this makes me they have no reason to do this they are only doing this because they can. Yog

the may have bene on drugs or alcolhol at the time.

i the way i look at it i have nothing to lose now. wow no missstakes in thta. i hnow have 4 insurance policies for my wife and daughter. ketp th eoen from service also. made a will otu to my wife. i do nto woryr about those idiots that want to play games anymore. i figure i have 3-4 years left. should people like me worry abotu tit or shoudl they worry about it?

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm pretty sure it will work out for you, Rich. Give this a try: call the Indy VAMC and ask for the C&P department. When you get them, tell them that you are supposed to be scheduled for a couple of C&P's in the next few months, then tell them that this thing has been dragged out for a really long time. Tell them that your family would really appreciate it if they could work you in quickly. Tell them you understand and appreciate how busy they are and that it is ok if it is not possible, but you would appreciate any help that you can get. Whether they help you out or not, remember to thank them for helping veterans before hanging up. These folks rarely ever get thanks for anything, and that will make them remember you in the future.

Yoggie- the VA certainly knows how deliberately frustrating these things can be for a veteran-they count on us to give up in disgust- which you have much more goonyats than they know of-to continue the fight-

Try to calm down and just wait to see how the next C & Ps go.

Easy for me to say but after over 6 years of fighting them and not having my evidence read-I have a completely different outlook-

every error they make I have documented for the H VAC.

I found out yesterday that Congressman Filner's inquery on my claim has not been closed (I thought their piss ant CTA reply to him closed it but it is ongoing and now part of the BVA record.)

I didnt even know he would file a Congressional Inquery due to my H VAC testimony-

and to tell you the truth- I dont feel I needed one-

I have his ear for other travestys that affect all vets and widows and will try to get him to begin to revamp our ludicrous C & P system-whereby the VA can often do and say anything they want, and-- well that long gripe is for him-

and to amend the VCAA-

If after these C & Ps- the VA still screws around with you-I suggest to get in touch with the H VAC and tell them what you have gone through so far.CC this letter to the VARO too.

Did you actually get a legal VCAA letter long ago?

When the VA fails to properly prepare a VCAA letter months after the initial claim is filed-

they can continue to bugger the claim because they hinge on that letter and how the vet responded to it.

Getting upset and angry-and I curse ad finitum over some of the VA crap I get-is OK for a while-

but then it affects our ability to fight back with some clear thinking and to develop tactic to gain a proper resolve.

If you have PTSD and established proven nexus- they will award you PTSD.

You have to hang on until that day comes and not allow them to control your

emotions.

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm pretty sure it will work out for you, Rich. Give this a try: call the Indy VAMC and ask for the C&P department. When you get them, tell them that you are supposed to be scheduled for a couple of C&P's in the next few months, then tell them that this thing has been dragged out for a really long time. Tell them that your family would really appreciate it if they could work you in quickly. Tell them you understand and appreciate how busy they are and that it is ok if it is not possible, but you would appreciate any help that you can get. Whether they help you out or not, remember to thank them for helping veterans before hanging up. These folks rarely ever get thanks for anything, and that will make them remember you in the future.

Excellent advice. I wholeheartedly agree with Rentalguy, but I'm not sure VAMC

has the authority to schedule a C&P until it is ordered by the VARO. ~Wings