Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Are My Chances?

Rate this question

noscopes4me

Question

Currently getting 70% for Flat feet 30%,Ankle 10%,knees and back another 20% etc. Filed Iu in december 08 had physical C&p in feb 09. Sent letter from private doctor saying I am unable to obttain gainful employment and reasons from my service connested disabilities. Statments from me and wife and last superviser ihad and co-workers of my problems at work.

Letter from physical therapist about treatments and prescribing me with a walking cane. having alot of problems with these and cannot walk hardly any distance anymore. Hoping I get Iu waiting about 2 mos now for decision letter. Anybody have an idea what my chances are it would be much appreciated thank you...

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Great News and here's some more good news. You can get both SSDI and VA Comp without one offsetting the other. You VA compensation is considered "awards based" so it won't affect your social security. It would affect SSI though because SSI is "needs based". Now one thing though, If your total income goes over 25,000 then I heard you will have to pay taxes on anything over that. I believe that's the law but please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Thank you,

Jay

Well I found a check in the mail yesterday. I won the decision i am officially 100% Iu. Thanks all will this affect my ssdi if I get it? thanks to all of you and good luck! :) :) :) :)

Also, Getting 100% ui VA comp actually can help you with getting your SSDI granted. Make sure you get your VA medical records to SSDI for their part of the adjudication.

Again, Congrats on your 100%,

Jay

Well I found a check in the mail yesterday. I won the decision i am officially 100% Iu. Thanks all will this affect my ssdi if I get it? thanks to all of you and good luck! :) :) :) :)

• HadIt.com Elder

VA compensation is NOT taxable and SS annual has to exceed 32,000 most people that have problems exceeding 32,000 are married veterans with a spouse working otherwise most of us don't pay income taxes or property taxes and some states even exempt car taxes for 2 vehicles you need to check what your state offers CONGRATS

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations - make sure you post on Successes! Is the 100% p&t?

Yay, go ahead and apply for ssdi online, its rather a smooth path and rather clear cut. Again, I used my VA, SMR, private doc and a self developed stressor letter to apply - somehow reading everyone elses posts, asking questions, I got it the first time around. God is good!

Still hoping the Va will see the light and approve my IU.

Again, soooo very happy for you!

Cg'up2009!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

I did not know that VA rated 70% for flat feet but like Berta and Betty said see no reason why you should not get it with the info you have.

Good Luck

Main thing is that you are not able to work

I also didn't know the VARO rated pes planus for 70%. I thought the max was 50% with a possible bilateral factor?

I have chronic feet and ankle issues and I am glad you got 70% but I have never see that rating in the CFR.

Can you be a little specific about the codes and your ratings.

On that matter, I have not worked since 2004 and I recently checked with the SS office and was informed I have to file by Dec this year or I lose my benefits.

So good luck with yours.

Hi,

I seem to have some possible the same SC issues with feet / ankles.

I don't understand why your local SSO would say you need to file by Dec or lose benifits? Are they saying you lose for that year?