Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mayday, Mayday, Im Goin Down

Rate this question

SFCTRUCKDRIVER

Question

I am so trying to maintain a sense of humor,

I am not sure when I will be able to get back online, I am borrowing a friends computer.

One day as I came home from work, still in my uniform, wife tells me she wants a divorce and calls cops to evict me. So there I was, a week away from my retirement and homeless. I am sleeping in my truck and at friends homes. I go to Ft Knox and retire, do all the paperword, and on my way home, get a call, it is my Dr. The C and P doc called him, told him to get my approval to transfer records. Come to find out, I have two tumors on my spine down in the L something area where it meets the S something. Great story here is that in ten years I will probably be in a wheelchair paralyzed and peeing or worse all over myself. Did I mention she gave the cops my guns?

So after 22 years in the Army, I am finally a veteran, a homeless one.

I guess the only good thing is my friend Mr PTSD hasnt shown up yet, or is Mr PTSD that new dark friend Mr Depression and not Mr Anger?

If anyone could spare a prayer, I would sure appreciate it, as I am kinda goin through a tough time. Sorry to drop all this, but I need to get it out, I am drowning........

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I see where alot of your friends here are offering you good advice. It sound really heartbreaking, and I am sure it will be hard to deal with but with what you have dealt with in the service all these years, you will be able to get through with this too.

I see you have a friend who is letting you use his computer, the library's have them too. Free to use but you have to sign up for them for certain time frames. They might charge you a yearly library free. $5.00 yr and up dependent on the area you live. Take care of yourself, and focus on YOU. Your health is the most important thing right now.

See when they plan on doing surgery. Did they show you on anything the location of the lumbosacreal area? Lower back to almost tailbone(coccyx area)( Cervical is top of neck, next is thoracic ajoined and connects to ribs, then to lumbar region, sacreal, and finishes with the coccyx. There are many ways of doing the surgery dependent on the location, size, dimensions,type of tumors. Not all tumors are cancerous...more are benign(non-cancerous).

Remember you are the one who is the most important person now, and you need to think about you now. The rest can wait. Your health is number one, the rest follows. Follow some leads offerred to you here. Avoid any confrontations if at all possible. Times are difficult for most people now, and some people are stronger than others, and some have better coping skills. MArriage is a 2 way street, and maybe you need to just drive down the one way road now to put your health first. Hang in there. God or whatever higher power you believe in, tries not to give us the challenges he doesn't think we can't handle. Just move forward and march on.

Prayers are following you wherever you go. There is always hope.

I am not sure when I will be able to get back online, I am borrowing a friends computer.

One day as I came home from work, still in my uniform, wife tells me she wants a divorce and calls cops to evict me. So there I was, a week away from my retirement and homeless. I am sleeping in my truck and at friends homes. I go to Ft Knox and retire, do all the paperword, and on my way home, get a call, it is my Dr. The C and P doc called him, told him to get my approval to transfer records. Come to find out, I have two tumors on my spine down in the L something area where it meets the S something. Great story here is that in ten years I will probably be in a wheelchair paralyzed and peeing or worse all over myself. Did I mention she gave the cops my guns?

I guess the only good thing is my friend Mr PTSD hasnt shown up yet, or is Mr PTSD that new dark friend Mr Depression and not Mr Anger?

If anyone could spare a prayer, I would sure appreciate it, as I am kinda goin through a tough time. Sorry to drop all this, but I need to get it out, I am drowning........

Sfc,

Why did U move out of the house? So what if she is filing for Divorce, your name is still on the title.

Also, with your guns if they are in your name U can get them back.

Also, get U a good Lawyer to get all U can out of a bad situation.

GARY

Also if I might add Life is a joke & treat it as such & hope for the best & expect the worst.

Hope U have talked to a :awyer

GARY

I want to thank everyone for the comments.... I am still here, not alot, just getting by, but struggling very much. She got a restraining order against me, and asked for eviction cause I told her I was not leaving. Cops "confiscated the guns cause she brought up PTSD and I guess if you have PTSD you are no longer capable of having constitutional rights......... I am calling my congressman on that one.

This is what we fight for, and we do it freely.

I will update you all as much as I can.

Thanks for your support.

• HadIt.com Elder

SFC:

Thats how it works we come out of a funk little by little. Just hang in there

• HadIt.com Elder
I want to thank everyone for the comments.... I am still here, not alot, just getting by, but struggling very much. She got a restraining order against me, and asked for eviction cause I told her I was not leaving. Cops "confiscated the guns cause she brought up PTSD and I guess if you have PTSD you are no longer capable of having constitutional rights......... I am calling my congressman on that one.

This is what we fight for, and we do it freely.

I will update you all as much as I can.

Thanks for your support.

Alright, I have some advice for you. First make yourself aware of the Uniformed Services Former Spouse Protection Act. If a state judge gets you in court your spouse or former spouse can legally take 50% of your retired pay as a property right under that law. Many veterans facing this situation choose to disappear and to use a mail forwarding service but the drawback can be that she uses publication of legal notice in a newspaper as a means of legally serving you with notice of pending court action. DO NOT LET YOUR WIFE OR ANY OF YOUR MUTUAL ACQUAINTANCES KNOW ABOUT YOUR CLAIM FOR V.A. COMPENSATION FOR YOUR TUMORS WHICH WERE INCURRED IN SERVICE. My husband lived on a boat at a marina under an assumed name when he was undergoing a divorce from his first wife who kicked him out of the house he built for her. This allowed him to hide out from the child support division for awhile. Eventually, she did get a child support order against him when his income was low and he has since paid his child support in full. He lived under an assumed name at the marina because the Coast Guard had the legal right to board boats looking for contraband and to arrest people who had outstanding warrants for unpaid child support and other issues. My husband suggests you live in a large marina where it's difficult to keep records straight and where you could hide in the open. Fortunately, my husband was not a retired veteran like you are but if your ex hears about the uniformed services former spouse protection act your life may become a worse hell. How long were you married to this woman? There are certain provisions in that law about length of marriage. Also, I failed to mention that every V.A. regional office is supposed to have a homeless coordinator who helps homeless veterans.

Edited by deltaj