Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mayday, Mayday, Im Goin Down

Rate this question

SFCTRUCKDRIVER

Question

I am so trying to maintain a sense of humor,

I am not sure when I will be able to get back online, I am borrowing a friends computer.

One day as I came home from work, still in my uniform, wife tells me she wants a divorce and calls cops to evict me. So there I was, a week away from my retirement and homeless. I am sleeping in my truck and at friends homes. I go to Ft Knox and retire, do all the paperword, and on my way home, get a call, it is my Dr. The C and P doc called him, told him to get my approval to transfer records. Come to find out, I have two tumors on my spine down in the L something area where it meets the S something. Great story here is that in ten years I will probably be in a wheelchair paralyzed and peeing or worse all over myself. Did I mention she gave the cops my guns?

So after 22 years in the Army, I am finally a veteran, a homeless one.

I guess the only good thing is my friend Mr PTSD hasnt shown up yet, or is Mr PTSD that new dark friend Mr Depression and not Mr Anger?

If anyone could spare a prayer, I would sure appreciate it, as I am kinda goin through a tough time. Sorry to drop all this, but I need to get it out, I am drowning........

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

don't take this the wrong way,i have been married 10 times to 8 different women,things do get worse . ptsd is the common denominator. it will work in your favor for an award for ptsd. i have had to start over many times..it is through this period and the documentation of the journey that i was awarded my sc for ptsd.

don't take this the wrong way,i have been married 10 times to 8 different women,things do get worse . ptsd is the common denominator. it will work in your favor for an award for ptsd. i have had to start over many times..it is through this period and the documentation of the journey that i was awarded my sc for ptsd.

SFC,

I heard that 5% is what happens 95% is how we react. After 22 year in this man's Army you can handle this just like another PCS. You are getting good advice keep your sense of humor and you will get through this. We are all praying for you and are here for you.

Hello SFC,,,,,,,,, You are here with much support. PRAYER warriors are here too. You may private email me also. I want you to know that it sounds like what Clownman said.....she is the looser here. Not you. I also went thru a house fire and a divorce within 2 weeks several yrs ago. I have been sick with several diseases from the Army, for over 10 years and trying to go thru the VA process. There is no cure. My Exwife is bipolar , not on meds and when she saw me getting sicker , she saw it as her time to bailout. I was crushed and having to live in an apartment, fighting my wife in court, the insurance companys , and the company that started the fire, the lawyers, the VA. The battlefronts were huge. But just as God promised me that I am not alone and he would never leave me nor forsake me and the his word said ,,,"and it came to pass"..... IT DID. PLEASE GIVE IT TIME AND TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. I still after 4 years have to fight with the VA. But , my kids and my dad, 86yr old WW2 retired Marine, all live with me. And guess what, the exwife is still as goofy as ever and a she was the looser. Its ok to be mad , its ok to be hurt, its ok to feel like everything is wrong. But its all in Gods plan. You are not alone and like I said email me and if I can be a blessing and can help in anyway let me know. You also have some fine people here who have been thru similar things on this site and they are here for you too. Look at the people who have already commented and offered support so far. GOD BLESS, NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

SFC,

Hang in there Sarge!! My first suggestion would be to get your Retirement Finances in order. CHANGE THAT DIRECT DEPOSIT ASAP!!! You must start your own account and have your retirement funds solely under your name. Hopefully your VA claims and issues will work out too. Perhaps the Army will give you disability now and transfer into VA comp later down the line.

Hey guys, I just got back from my Desert Storm reunion this past weekend, out of the 10 of us, ALL OF US ARE DIVORCED!!!!

Its very typical of an Army marriage.

Another advice, stay away from those " bar fly " honies around post. They just love being with a retired soldier that can take care of them. I have seen them all.

Good luck and hang in there

Stand tall Soldier!! This old jarhead has been through the s**t too. Get to a Vet center for assistance ASAP. Your country thanks you for your service and your fellow veterans salute you. I've learned over the years there is always someone who is worse off with greater needs than I, best we can do is try and reach out to them and let them know we care.

Semper Fi

pigdriver