Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got The Big White Envolope Yesterday!

Rate this topic

les

After fighting these suckers for 7 years I finally got rated 30%. I'll tell you a huge stress has released from me! Also I was over payed when I was on nsc pension. I filed a waiver and was granted that I didn't have to repay the $9,000,00. Well now they are taking the $9,000.00 out of my back pay. Is this the way they do it? If it is so be it but I would like some input. Also they have my stepdaughter as turning 18 on Dec 1 2008. The problem is she is still 16. So The war continues! I still have a remand for hearing loss at the amc and a 3 year claim at the ro for gad. But all in all it's a great day!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! Les

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Les,congrats on your victory,and yes that is the way va works,remember you was granted a waiver and when you became service connected and received backpay Va got what you owe them. on your stepdaughter you need to send va a birth certificate.

mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats!!!!

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

After fighting these suckers for 7 years I finally got rated 30%. I'll tell you a huge stress has released from me! Also I was over payed when I was on nsc pension. I filed a waiver and was granted that I didn't have to repay the $9,000,00. Well now they are taking the $9,000.00 out of my back pay. Is this the way they do it? If it is so be it but I would like some input. Also they have my stepdaughter as turning 18 on Dec 1 2008. The problem is she is still 16. So The war continues! I still have a remand for hearing loss at the amc and a 3 year claim at the ro for gad. But all in all it's a great day!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! Les congradulations-I know how hard the wait is.I can't wait to get the white envelope myself.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use