Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have 3 Letters Written On My Behalf.

Rate this question

sawgunner

Question

I have 3 letter written in reference to my claim for left hip/lower back DDD and hip snap syndrome.

1 From a chriopractor, 1 from an orthopedic nurse pratitioner, and 1 from a physical therapist.

I posted earlier that my claim had been denied for lack of proof..... So the next time I go to the VA I will have my military physical therapy records as well as a list of the first meds I was ever prescribed for my hip, plus my 3 new letters.

I am also getting my mother and a friend to write letters stating the change they have noticed over the years. My sister has promised to write a letter as well.

How much help will all of this stuff be?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sawgunner,

The letters need to have precise wording in order to get benefits. For example, "Veterans condition could be a result of military service" will net you zero benefits. The Veterans Doc report must state, "Veterans condition is at least as likely as not caused by militray service" or "most likely".

"could be" or "might be" are considered speculative and mean you will be denied.

The VA is not interested in treating the Veterans conditions, they are interested in forcing the Veteran into compliance with their standards. Its the VA way or the hiway.

Even if the VA way is unsafe, for example:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/contaminatedequipment.htm

Rather than fix the contaminated equipment problem, the Va chooses instead:

1. Deny it, or minimize it saying that it is isolated and wont happen again.

2. And, hire a bunch more lawyers to do damage control to fight Veterans who have been infected with diseases which are the VA's faulty procedures forced on Veterans.

Edited by broncovet

M249,

Did you file a Notice of Disagreement ( NOD ) after the VA denied your claim? The extra IMO evidence should then be submitted with the NOD. In addition, you are unable to find any paperwork when you received treatment while on active duty?? Can you try again? A Line of Duty slip helped my case.

You did receive a C&P exam done by the VA too right? Did you get a copy? All these pieces need to come together and a good NOD should be typed up.

Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you probably need to get your SMR's and go see doctor Bash or someone like him. You need someone to review all your medical records and to tie it together and do the things that Pete and Bronc have said about a nexus. It is like going to court. You need to prove with evidence that your injuries are sevice connected. Dr. Bash is going to be your lawyer to that extent. Negotiate Bash's price.

Saw

I have to agree with John and poolguy I had to IMO but they were from my treating physcians. I would think the same way we question a NP giving us an exam would the VA us the same tactic. If not bash you ortho doctor talk with him as every one said its evidence then connecting it to your injury. Look up BVA cases they can give you ideas of what it takes to win.