VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After Seven Years - R1

Rate this question

sixthscents

Question

Many of you know me, and know that I have been in the VA system since 2002. Today I recieved, for the first time ever a call from my actual rater. They agreed with my latest claim, and increased my SMC to R1. I have been arguing this one for about 2 years, but it was for all the marbles really.

The rater was really nice, and explained why they were rating me (of course, I knew why since I know CFR 38 and the results of all the C&P exams but I let him say why since he seemed to really want to explain). Anyway, the only higher benefit is R2 and I feel that I just dont qualify for it.

Anyway, I wanted all of you to know... dont ever quit, don't ever give up. If you feel you deserve a particular benefit, and the medical and regulatory evidence support you - dont ever ever quit. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row, and you will win. Most importantly READ - read CFR 38, read M21-1MR, and read the postings here. Take notes, ask opinions, and file. Then just dont quit until you are satisfied that the result is fair.

My claim for R1 took 2 years, and there's quite a bit in back pay coming. Yet this is money that I have already paid out myself for CNA's in home, etc. It's fair and it will probably be the last claim I file on my own behalf (since there's only R2, and I just dont feel right asking for that). From a rating of 40% to over 200% schedular, and SMC of R1 - seven years of my life. All I can say is never quit, never surrender, never give up.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is wonderful news. You have helped a lot of other Vets along the way.

• Founder

sixthcents this is great news, finally they got it right, i know the battle has left you worn out, but brother i am so proud of you and i am very proud and grateful to call you brother. with all you have gone through and continue to go through you have been a huge support to me, i just can't express how happy i am that you finally received the compensation you earned.

tbird

Many of you know me, and know that I have been in the VA system since 2002. Today I recieved, for the first time ever a call from my actual rater. They agreed with my latest claim, and increased my SMC to R1. I have been arguing this one for about 2 years, but it was for all the marbles really.

The rater was really nice, and explained why they were rating me (of course, I knew why since I know CFR 38 and the results of all the C&P exams but I let him say why since he seemed to really want to explain). Anyway, the only higher benefit is R2 and I feel that I just dont qualify for it.

Anyway, I wanted all of you to know... dont ever quit, don't ever give up. If you feel you deserve a particular benefit, and the medical and regulatory evidence support you - dont ever ever quit. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row, and you will win. Most importantly READ - read CFR 38, read M21-1MR, and read the postings here. Take notes, ask opinions, and file. Then just dont quit until you are satisfied that the result is fair.

My claim for R1 took 2 years, and there's quite a bit in back pay coming. Yet this is money that I have already paid out myself for CNA's in home, etc. It's fair and it will probably be the last claim I file on my own behalf (since there's only R2, and I just dont feel right asking for that). From a rating of 40% to over 200% schedular, and SMC of R1 - seven years of my life. All I can say is never quit, never surrender, never give up.

sixth,

Great news - finally you might feel the weight of VA claims

lift off your shoulders.

Years ago when someone told me I was very tenacious

I felt that it was a huge put-down.

Now I know it's a quality I need to survive this storm.

You are so right - never, never, never give up.

carlie

Congrats and good job in fighting this long battle. This is good news. Take care and best of luck!

WOW- Bob this is a superb victory and you deserve it.

What you said is so true-never give up-

and use M21-1 and anything else you need-to make sure they give you what you deserve.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sixth, you deserve everything you get and more. Congratulations for getting some of whats due you, I say that from the bottom to the top of my heart. Thank you for your service and thank you for your continued service here on the behalf of others. I am inspired and find hope that provisions will be made on behalf my lil ole family, sooner or later.

Honestly, sometimes I live in a vacum, I had to refresh my brain on what SMC R1 was/is, amazing I found the info on the VA site.

Best to ya dear,

Cg'up2009!