Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Processing Time?

Rate this question

jjrbus

Question

A long story so I will leave out much of it. But in 2008 I was raised to 70%. 50% PTSD and 20% gunshot wound, then in March 2009 They started paying me 80%. I have recieved no paperwork on this so am looking at the rating tables. I get $1547 a month which for a vet with a spouse is 80%

The DAV service rep assures me that this is the amount I should be recieveing and that the paperwork will show up someday.

After some prodding by friends I finally got around to filing for TDIU today 7/13/09. I'm wondering how long it will take to process this?? My last claim took a mere 10 years!!!

Also is TDIU a slam dunk at 80%? JIm

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was 30% when I applied for IU. I got SSD while waiting. Eventually I got rated 70% but denied IU. I appealed and about a year later I got IU from a DRO Review. I had all sorts of evidence including three IMO's, rejection from voc rehab, and SSD for SC condition. The VA looked over my IMO's for anything they could find to deny me. They found a sentence in one report that mentioned a NSC condition. They rejected my IU on that account. I had to get another IMO to win. All in all it was about two years I think. You can just never tell with these guys at the VA. My buddy had been on SSD for years for his SC condition and when he ased for IU they denied it based on his IMO. They said he was doctor shopping. We used the same IMO doctor. They probably flip a coin to see who gets it, or wait for someone on IU to die. If you keep at it you will get it, but it may take longer than you think.

I agree with Carlie. There are very, very few slam dunks. 1-3 years is good, 3-5 years is normal, mine took 7 years, I know at least one Veteran who has been waiting since 1973.

Isnt it disgusting that Veterans wait years for the VA to process their claims?

The VA moves so slow that you have to drive stakes in the ground to tell if they are moving at all..kind of like a glacier that moves about one inch per year.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA processes claims like the way plants grow. You have to have the slow motion photography to detect the claim's movement. You know they just don't give a shit. That is what it boils down to because we are not important to them. Vets are just the ghost in the machine to the VA. We are dead men walking.