Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pay Vets Claims Now!

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Filner endorses the proposal, but I am waiting to see how our congress does at implementing this good idea. I just might have a tendency to vote people for re election if they can "get er done".

This would put stimilus money in the hands of those who deserve it the most, and also those who probably need it the most.

The story is here:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfjul09/nf071609-1.htm

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

As far as government debt goes, do you really recommend that Veterans solve the governments debt problem by waiting for years for the money they deserve now?

The government debt problem can not be solved on the backs of Veterans.

I feel"shotgunning" approvals would be an adequate way of making up for lost time

although I feel this will never happen.

Sort out the claims without proper merit down the road.

I'd rather see vets getting their disability compensation and keeping their possessions

prior to death and foreclosure.

jmho,

carlie

Can someone explain how/why the IRS "shotgun" method works for the IRS but would not work for the VA? Is there some particular reason that A Veterans disability claim should not be trusted and accepted, but his tax return should be immediately trusted, accepted and a check sent immediately?

Please tell me how a civilian filing his/her taxes is somehow more trustworthy than a Veteran filing a disability claim?

• HadIt.com Elder

In essence, the IRS collects money (mostly) and the VA pays it out (reluctantly). The VA is even worse than the IRS if they think you owe them money, regardless of the fact that they may owe you money. Different laws, different rules, right or wrong!

Anybody that believes the VA gives a Veteran "benefit of doubt" in the true sense and meaning of the phrase and laws needs to see a non VA shrink! Nothing is farther from the truth!

Can someone explain how/why the IRS "shotgun" method works for the IRS but would not work for the VA? Is there some particular reason that A Veterans disability claim should not be trusted and accepted, but his tax return should be immediately trusted, accepted and a check sent immediately?

Please tell me how a civilian filing his/her taxes is somehow more trustworthy than a Veteran filing a disability claim?

• HadIt.com Elder

Since Veteran's compensation is paid for by the government, in essence compensation is "on the backs of" everyone.

The VA's practices have been refined over a period of more than fifty years. Unfortunately, save money by any means seems to be one of the main goals of the VA in refining the practices. Never mind that a delayed claim will likely eventually be paid. After all, just delaying payment saves the government money. (and, pushes the responsibility "down the road" to some other poor soul.)

"It shouldn't be solved on the backs of anyone."

It shouldn't be solved on the backs of anyone.

Vet's claims need to be processed according to regulation..."shotgunning" approvals is yet another bandaid on the proverbial bullethole.