Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cognitive & Mental Health Tests

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

Hello again, I had some testing done today by a private doctor due to my mood disorder increase and my claim for IU.

My question is how much weight does the VA give to these tests?

Frank

Edited by WHOLESALE

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Make sure you take the results with you when you go to your C&P exam. Make a copy to leave with the doctor. It makes a difference.

Is it just test results or is there a letter to go with it explaining how your condition has gotten worse thus affecting your quality of life, etc, etc.

If it's just the test results....imo...I doubt they will hold much weight with the VA. But that's just me. You need a good strong letter from the doc who did the testing.

Yes, he's doing a full evaluation with IMO and said he will complete it by next Thursday. Said he would call me to come in and review everything in the evaluation.

Frank

Is it just test results or is there a letter to go with it explaining how your condition has gotten worse thus affecting your quality of life, etc, etc.

If it's just the test results....imo...I doubt they will hold much weight with the VA. But that's just me. You need a good strong letter from the doc who did the testing.

Purple, thanks for the info...

frank

• HadIt.com Elder

I would agree that the test results are good, but you need a letter from your doctor to interpret those results. You don't want to give VA raw data they can spin against you. If it is an MMPI then the test has an interpretation of the results with it, but you still need your doctor to put his spin on it.

The VA puts a spin on things? No wonder I'm dizzy... :rolleyes:

For my appeals, my lawyer told me that I will get a IMO for a Mental Residual Function Capacity form, that will then be given to the VA or SS before the hearing. At this point, I trust him because he doesn't get paid unless we win!

Hope this helps,

Louis