VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

Dear Mr. ********

This is in response to your follow-up inquiry dated July 24, 2009.

Our records show we are waiting for VA form 4142, Authorization and Consent to Release Information to the Department of VA, from you. It could be that you have submitted the form and it has not yet been scanned into our system. If you have not submitted the form, which should have been sent to you, please do so at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

Here'e the problem:

They have all my medical records in my C-file and I havn't received any 4241 form in over a year. This is crazy. Anything and everything has been submitted months ago, even years. Is this a stalling tactic or maybe a mistake. don't have a clue but i'm going to see my VSO tomorrw with a print out of this.

Anyone have any comments on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Frank

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Berta, Since SSd is government agency I wouldn't think they need my permission. Maybe since it's mental health they do though. I don't know. I'm just lost on this.

I have a Voc rehab appt today at our RO so I will check this out with my VSO. Thanks for all of the replies.

Frank

Oh----I assume they didnt need this to try and get any SSA disability records you might have?

No private records at all?

If this is the case- I would make sure you respond and tell them that there are no other records but for the VA medical records which they have and this is the evidence that supports your claim and you have no further evidence to submit.

Your SSA file contiains medical information, therefore, you have to sign a Release of Information.

Dear Mr. ********

This is in response to your follow-up inquiry dated July 24, 2009.

Our records show we are waiting for VA form 4142, Authorization and Consent to Release Information to the Department of VA, from you. It could be that you have submitted the form and it has not yet been scanned into our system. If you have not submitted the form, which should have been sent to you, please do so at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

Here'e the problem:

They have all my medical records in my C-file and I havn't received any 4241 form in over a year. This is crazy. Anything and everything has been submitted months ago, even years. Is this a stalling tactic or maybe a mistake. don't have a clue but i'm going to see my VSO tomorrw with a print out of this.

Anyone have any comments on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Frank

Did anyone else get this message? "We are not able to access your records at this time"

sgmdae,

Carlie posted a link I have found helpful:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29671

You can find other links using the search function located in the upper left hand corner of the top banner of the board.

Edited by Bonzai