VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Your post silences me and brings tears to my heart.

Veterans know veterans.

Hadit knows.

'The Tet of 68, was such a emotional event. I was 18, a sergeant, it scared me for life I am now realizing. The younger generation listens to the passion of Vet from Tet, can feel that he was there.

I don't talk much, but listen a lot. When I go to VFW, set by myself, and listen to the stories, it doesn't take long to know who was there, and who was not. I have ran across plenty that was there.

Bless their soles for the memopries that they store.'

sgmdae

Edited by cowgirl

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry, I don't believe it!!!!! jmo

pr

The Tet of 68, was such a emotional event. I was 18, a sergeant, it scared me for life I am now realizing. The younger generation listens to the passion of Vet from Tet, can feel that he was there.

I don't talk much, but listen a lot. When I go to VFW, set by myself, and listen to the stories, it doesn't take long to know who was there, and who was not. I have ran across plenty that was there.

Bless their soles for the memopries that they store.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know that LBJ had told so many lies that when the USA actually beat the VC and NVA badly during Tet nobody back home believe it. Down south the VC really did blow it during 1968 Tet. However, they won the propaganda war on the home front. Walter Cronkite gave the war the kiss of death on national TV. I have read alot about the war. I think the brain trust that believed in the Domino Theory should be shown for what they were since most are dead. They were ignorant and deluded fools who had no understanding of the history of Vietnam. They lied about the Tonkin Gulf incident to get us into the war in a big way. Not one of the Best and Brightest understood that China and Vietnam were ancient enemies. They did not understand that Cambodia and Vietnam hated each other. We got out of Vietnam and nothing happened. China invaded Vietnam and got their asses kicked. Vietnam invaded Cambodia and got rid of the K.R. None of these great thinkers took a second to understand any history.

John999,

Your last post was a very accurate statement of what happened in SE Asia. Ther war devastated the US Army which took years to rebuild. I served on activity duty from 70-91 and saw first hand how bad we were in the years immediately following the war.

Cav

PR,

I didn't understand your last post. Are you saying you don't believe sgmdae's post?? If so than you are mistaken. I've learned a lot from your posts in the past and appreciate the wisdom you've past on to the FNG's (me being one as well), but I disagree with your last post.

I've know sgmdae personally for years, and know for a fact that he served two RVN tours as a 11B. I've actually seen a Stars and Stripes article which talks about an ambush patrol that sgmdae led. I have also seen the anguish that he goes through daily as he relives those years.

I started talking to sgmdae about issues that I felt he had with PTSD years ago and led him to this forum after I discovered it by accident a few months back. He's a good man and needs the help of this board as do a lot of us.

Cav

• HadIt.com Elder

I just don't understand why our learders think they have to lie to get Americans to fight. They lied about Iraq and what a mess. The war in Afghanistan reminds me of the very early days of Vietnam. Slow escalation to disaster. It is wrecking the army. They are wearing the soldiers out by multiple deployments in my limited opinion.