Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Cav,

I met a former Army ASA who was legit, and he could tell me unit, times, etc. I used to work with Doc Donovan retired Army Ranger who spent 5 years in Vietnam in SF as Medic. He spent the next 25 with 1/75th Ranger Regt, and he would be in a bar and guys would pop off about being Green Berets in Nam when they may have been in the 173rd. He would ask them where they were point blank. His comment to these guys were, look be proud of your service in Vietnam. I can't imagine how he would respond to the fakes. I had seen him pissed, so all I can say is that it would be ugly.

last I heard he was over in Kosovo helping those people.

Mike

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to even be considered for Army SF you had to be at least an E-3 or 4, didn't you?

That kinda "weeded out" the "straight-off-the-street" "I wanna KILL!" super duper Ninja Turtles, didn't it?

I wanted to be a Special Forces Green Beret John Wayne dude. My Dad talked me outta that...............so, I ran off from home and joined THE MARINES!

WOOOOOOO---------HOOOOOOO......er, no, I meant to say HOOOOORAH!

<_<

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

SF were at least E-5 when I was in

I thought it was something like that. No kids in that outfit!

• In Memoriam

I never had an MOS. I know most of the military do not have an "MOS". Tbird, did not have an MOS, and over half the members of Hadit did not have an MOS.

The Navy "NEC"(Navy Enlisted Classification Record) is in place of the Army "MOS". I assume that Marines, a division of the US Navy, also had NEC numbers.

My NEC was 6630 6691 in 1968, later my NEC was 8326 0000 in 1971. The NEC first code was primary the second code was secondary.

I can only guess that US Navy, which includes seals, and the marine corp., are all phonies according to what has been posted in this thread, because they do not have an 'MOS'. I am not even sure if the Air Force has MOS numbers.

I hope that this NEC clarification will help in keeping a hadit member from walking up to some of Seals, that I know, and calling them a phonies.

Edited by Stretch

• HadIt.com Elder

If the phoneys claim to be wounded, ask them if t hey have a NEC. If not then a fake does exist for they shouldhave a NEC of 0093

Edited by jbasser