VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

Bonus and education benefits are hugh

John, I got to tell you I was Recruiter, 1971-to end of the Draft, they was never a shortage of people wanted to Vietnam and combat arms. You hear all the stories, hell no, no one want to go

Not true in my in the trenches opinion

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commander Bob, thank you for comment, it was days work for a Army and Country that I love and still do.

I have kept a wall around me for 40 years, I am letting the wall down just a bit, and asking for some help.

Like a good soldier, when the wall comes down I place a brick up to make it stronger.

I jsu begun my VA career, not sure I will continue, I not getting any satisfaction out of it

I have learn to live with all my pass.

It Lonly and unemotional, I don't smile much

I don't let anyone get close, so I don't have anyone to share my happiness with, so what is the need

• HadIt.com Elder

roger that, sgmdae... I have always tried to keep my back to that wall you are talking about. Life is short, even if we get 100 years or so. ( quote Tom Hanks, Movie, Cast Away )"We have to keep breathing. Besides, who knows what the tide will bring in".

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

I just got back from National Night Out. There was a guy there that had on a full uniform, claiming that he was of all things a Buffalo Soldier. He was about 60 year old. I put his ass on full blast. The more the crowd gather the louder I got. He got his sorry ass in his car and left. The nerve of him. :P

Good job Sharon. You are my hero tonight. Thanks for kicking that puke's butt. :P

For those who may not know it the Buffalo soldiers made up the 9th inf regiment and the 10th Cavalry regiment, and there is a statue dedicated to these brave old soldiers at Ft. Leavenworth KS where it is viewed by every Command and General staff class that goes to Leavenworth.

The term Buffalo soldier was given to the soldiers of these regiments by the Plains Indians during the Indian wars of the late 1800's as a token of honor to their bravery. The ranks of both these regiments were made up entirely of black soldiers who fought for a country that more oft than not treated them as second class citizens.

I had the honor of serving as a Cav platoon leader in H troop 10th Cavalry RVN 72-73. Woooooah B)

Cav