VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe the gentleman would have to be in his 80's, to have served in the any of the Buffalo Soldier units of WWII.

Here is a link for our guests and members, who are not that familiar with the Buffalo Soldier era, in our national history. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Soldier]

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the gentleman would have to be in his 80's, to have served in the any of the Buffalo Soldier units of WWII.

Here is a link for our guests and members, who are not that familiar with the Buffalo Soldier era, in our national history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Soldier

Cdr Bob,

I am not sure that I understand your statement. Are you saying he claimed to be a buffalo soldier that served in ww2 or that he was assigned to a unit called buffalo soldiers later? Being 60 years old would be the right age for vietnam. You may or may not know that the 10th cav served in vietnam in the central highlands. The nickname for the 10th cav in VN and still is, is the buffalo soldiers for the current active duty 10th cav soldiers. In VN, blacks and whites were in the unit and we all got along great, we all depended on each other especilly when the bullets started flying. It was a honor for us to be called the buffalo soldiers of vietnam and we carried the tradition forward, at least D Trp. did. You can go to any vietnam 10th cav website and the buffalo soldier and elblems are widely refered to. If he was a buffalo soldier of the 10th cav vietnam era and there was a miscommunication between you and him, I can only imagine the heartbreak this guy must be feeling especially on top of how bad we were treated upon returning home and still treated bad in certain respects.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh yeah??? What was your MOS? :P

31B20 for a little over a month and than 31B30 or Senior Field Radio Mechanic

However, I did not fix a radio till I was pulled in for 15 days to be assigned to the Texas Army National Guard. You know the professionals trying to stay out of Nam.

I had orders for Nam twice and both times they were changed at last minute.

In Germany I was made the Squadron Crypto Clerk which did not help me with panic at all.

Cdr Bob,

I am not sure that I understand your statement. Are you saying he claimed to be a buffalo soldier that served in ww2 or that he was assigned to a unit called buffalo soldiers later? Being 60 years old would be the right age for vietnam. You may or may not know that the 10th cav served in vietnam in the central highlands. The nickname for the 10th cav in VN and still is, is the buffalo soldiers for the current active duty 10th cav soldiers. In VN, blacks and whites were in the unit and we all got along great, we all depended on each other especilly when the bullets started flying. It was a honor for us to be called the buffalo soldiers of vietnam and we carried the tradition forward, at least D Trp. did. You can go to any vietnam 10th cav website and the buffalo soldier and elblems are widely refered to. If he was a buffalo soldier of the 10th cav vietnam era and there was a miscommunication between you and him, I can only imagine the heartbreak this guy must be feeling especially on top of how bad we were treated upon returning home and still treated bad in certain respects.

Sorry Bob, I think my response should have been to Sharon. The way the replies are runing together I got mixed up.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't do a lot of face to face with vets, these days. Years ago when the Vietnam vet wannabes and fakers, started to recount their days in the jungle. I would ask them one question: " So, what was your MOS?" A blank stare, or hesitation, usually gave them away.

I am also a bit disappointed how the word "HERO", is thrown around, these days. It devalues the word and the deeds. Just being incountry, does not make one a hero.

All my heros are dead.