VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

Bob, Great job on the jump commands, I could add a few of the time table commands, what the heck you did good, Airborne all the way.

I spent a split tour, they were always setting LBJ on fire, but your right soldier started to refuse.

I had a split tour, two TET offenses, 68 and 69, last mission was Hamburger hill, at the end

When I di some research for Forgotten PTSD, did you know we had 64 Killed and over 400 wounded,

now I know why I blocked it, B Co took most of thekilled, I was on the Hill at the bottom, last group to go up collect equipment, wounded and some killed that not yet be extracted. What a muddy mess

Guess I am off the subject, Sorry my Brothers and Sisters

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Although I was at FT. Benning for basic, I did not go back to jump school or OCS, as planned. I was sent to 05B20 school then to light Inf. AIT then Hawaii, then RVN. Never made it to jump school. I would love to jump out of a plane, however , my wife won't let me. Ha... :P B) :rolleyes:

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

It is palced now at my #1 greatest experience in my life, exiting that aircraft, and being free with stillness and quite.

I use to say my #1 experience will killing for the Freedom of my country. I found through the years the PC and hurt people feeling. I working on being more calm, and not so agressive.

• HadIt.com Elder

You survived A Shau Valley, Hill 937. You are truly a hero, in my book, sgmdae.

I was wounded just after Tet 68', outside of xxxxxxx, I corp. That ended my active duty and my career plans.

• HadIt.com Elder

How does the Army get young HS graduates to enlist in the combat arms in this day and age? They can enlist in the Air Force and learn about computers or something. That is a lot better than climbing up moutains in Afghanistan with a pack on your back. Not a big demand for infantry troops back in the states after they get back to civilian life. I know that some people just like it and more power to them. Do the youngsters get large enlistment bonuses for going 11B?

• HadIt.com Elder

Testosterone, and visions of glory, John999. Beside it's a hell of an adventure.

I remember the day, around 2 weeks into basic training, when I wondered if I had made a mistake with my career choice. :P