VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Didn't think so....thanks for the link.

BoonDoc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Forces_%28United_States_Army%29

You are right BoonDoc, being a paratrooper does not make one a member of Special Forces, however, like sgmdae just posted "yes you need to be a paratrooper to be in Special Forces. Thanks for the clarification Sarge. I was just an 11Bravo....with dreams of becoming a door gunner...

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I just read many of your posts, sqmdae, and found nothing about heroes you posted that should bother anyone. I salute you and your service record.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob

I joined the Army in 1969. I think the attitude about the war had changed a great deal since 1966. By the time I got to RVN in 1970 I think the belief was that the war was not going to be won. We were in some kind of holding pattern until someone came up with an idea for us to sneak out of there without actually admitting it was a disaster. People were still dying especially in I Core. The USA could have pulled up stakes at that point and just left, but thousands more had to die. I know after I left it got worse with soldiers actually refusing to go out on patrol. They kept sending them to LBJ, but they they burned it down at one point. What can you do with soldiers who don't want to fight anymore? The army did not have the guts to shoot them. There would have been riots at home if that got out to the public.

• HadIt.com Elder

Get ready,... Stand up,... Hook up,... Check static line,... Check equipment,...Sound off for equipment check.... Stand in the door,... Go....

http://paratrooperprayers.tripod.com/id62.html

I blame it on the ignorance of my youth, however I joined the Army ( RA ) in 1966, and told the recruiter that my choice of jobs was infantry. They granted my request... LOL

LOL...I did worse than that...I enlisted for Airborne, unassigned. Wound up in the Infantry anyway (as I suspected).

Pat