Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

I had the MOS 11B1Y for a while. Does anyone know what that is?

Did you transition from something within the infantry, John999... Is this a trick question? OK. I give---- What is an 11b1Y??? <_<

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Y is a temporary identifier, that you get when in training, that states... transistion waiting to get your final MOS after training is achieved,

it took awhile the clouds to clear in my head, to remember the Y as part of the 11B Mos

so don't tell anyone the the Y mean, secret agent man, or the

Y means your undercover for Mousateers show, Y, because you we like you, someone will know what I mean

SGM,

You taught this old soldier something today. I didn't know about the Y designation in the MOS code.

Stretch-You taught me something as well. I knew that the Marines and Navy didn't use the term MOS, but I was not aware that they had a term (NEC).

As far as dealing with phonies I doubt that many of us walk up to another vet and start the 20 question drill with the fella just to prove verify that he/she were a vet. I think that we pretty much abide by a live and let live rule. It has also been my experience that the men and women who have gone through the most tend to be the most humble in relating their combat experience.

However, I still get really pissed when I bump into some jerk who claims to have fought his own little private war "Rambo" style without any rules or any supervision. The pathetic creature who tries to cover himself with valor stolen from others long since departed from this world. Those dung eaters I will always go after and discredit. They dishonor our troops, they dishonor the men who died in my platoon and they dishonor our country.

Cav

• HadIt.com Elder

SGM,

You taught this old soldier something today. I didn't know about the Y designation in the MOS code.

Stretch-You taught me something as well. I knew that the Marines and Navy didn't use the term MOS, but I was not aware that they had a term (NEC).

As far as dealing with phonies I doubt that many of us walk up to another vet and start the 20 question drill with the fella just to prove verify that he/she were a vet. I think that we pretty much abide by a live and let live rule. It has also been my experience that the men and women who have gone through the most tend to be the most humble in relating their combat experience.

However, I still get really pissed when I bump into some jerk who claims to have fought his own little private war "Rambo" style without any rules or any supervision. The pathetic creature who tries to cover himself with valor stolen from others long since departed from this world. Those dung eaters I will always go after and discredit. They dishonor our troops, they dishonor the men who died in my platoon and they dishonor our country.

Cav

The Marines DO use the term "MOS". Or, at least they did back when ships were wood and men were iron <_< !

The reason being, the Marines have a "mission" that much more closely resembles that of the Army, than of the Navy (you know what I mean, i.e., "Infantry", "Armored", etc.), and it is much easier to assign MOS's as opposed to the Navy's NEC's.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

I can't tell anyone what I did in Vietnam or I might go to jail for being a skate. My career was spent avoiding my career.