Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Are Claims Taking?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How long are claims taking? Jusy wondering,, as I just started mine... it looks like about a year...

not counting unforessen circumstances...

sorry if this is already in some other thread..

Thanx..

alos, is the length of time it takes regional?

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

sqmdae

1. Call the suicide hotline..get help if you need it. Dont let the VA win by doing yourself in, your heirs wont get a dime and the VA wins if you die.

2. Tell your doc the meds arent working, tell him you are suicidal/homocidal, and ask him to try a different med. Suicidal/homicidal ideations helps you to win benefits, so dont be afraid to tell them.

I wish it was that easy

I had a short session, there was no doubt they wanted to lock me up when I started talking about Suicide. I calm down to protect my Freedom

Homicidal, there is a case pending agaist me, and the law says they have to inform the person if I mention thier name, and believe me, I will not give my enemy the advantage

I wish I come reveal my behavior, true thoughts, and get a ears without penalty to take my freedom

100% PTSD

20% right ankle

20% left ankle

10% Right Knee

20% Right Shoulder

10% Tinnitus

I put in a couple of claims in October 08.  Spinal injury claim came through in 5 months.  Arthritis was finished in 3 months.  TBI took 7 months.  This is all from the Philadelphia RO.  So I went from 0 to 60% in 7 months.  Some of the claim was not rated correctly, but what I did get was fast by VA standards.

As a note, I will mention that I have not submitted any claims without medical documentation.  Nothing was claimed by me strictly on symptoms and I think this may be responsible for the quick turnaround time.

• HadIt.com Elder

My 1998 claim was for 4 things. The Back was awarded quickly, and my arm took until 2004, my foot and PTSD are ongoing. A look at my med records shows a possible 42 things wrong. I only claimed 4 of the most obvious (or so I thought) and am still waiting. Have already received over $51k in back pay in the past.

You will soon learn that the VARO's are the slowest government agency you will ever have to deal with. I filed several claims in 2006 as a married veteran and still waiting. To delay justice is to deny justice. Can you imagine a City refusing to give you water because they have a two year back up??? Nonsensical and unacceptable in this day of technology and computers. HAVE THEY HEARD OF OVERTIME OR HOW ABOUT HIRING MORE WORKERS. I THOUGHT THE IDEA IS TO STIMULATE MORE JOBS FOR THE ECONOMY. That is the procedure that most of us must do. I wish you well and never give up. I went to my congressman--------dav--------sooooooooo--STILL WAITING.

GOOD LUCK!! May the lord take a liking to you.

1s1j5z4