Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych Doc

Rate this question

babyray

Question

:D I need a psych doc to give me an IMO for major depression disoder. Could anybody give me some names & numbers? Thx. Chow!!!!

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you ever been diagnosed for depression before? Tell us what's up maybe someone can help. By the way Doc's don't take it very well when you tell them that you want a diagnosis for something they like to do that.

What does the VA say about your dx?

search of psych evaluations in your area. Find one that specializes in disability evaluations. Took about 2 weeks to get final report. There are plenty out there that do psych evals for disability purposes but you're better off finding one in your area. works faster that way since you don't have to get your C-file sent to someone across the country and that can take months. of course if you have your C-file already that will speed up things.

frank

:P I need a psych doc to give me an IMO for major depression disoder. Could anybody give me some names & numbers? Thx. Chow!!!!

Have you ever been diagnosed for depression before? Tell us what's up maybe someone can help. By the way Doc's don't take it very well when you tell them that you want a diagnosis for something they like to do that.

What does the VA say about your dx?

I was dx by my private doc & VA doc w/ MDD & VA lowballed me w/ a granted of 10% in 2/9/09, I file a recon claim on 7/30/09 & wants a IMO to bolster my claim. I live in New Orleans. Thx. Chow!!!!

Take you decision to your private doctor and have him write you an IMO. He seem to be favorable to your condition. The formatt for an IMO is here on the site. He also can write a rebuttal which is sufficient.

Did either or your docs say that your symptoms were under control with medication? If so, that would explain the 10% rating.

What did the VA Decision state as their reason and basis for the 10%?

TS Snave

Edited by tssnave

Did either or your docs say that your symptoms were under control with medication? If so, that would explain the 10% rating.

What did the VA Decision state as their reason and basis for the 10%?

TS Snave

The VA decision states that an eval of 10% is granted whenever there is occupational & social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency & ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress; or symptoms controlled by continuous medication.

My private doc says I had MDD w/ a GAF score of 53; With my meds helping very little.

The VA's C&P doc says my therapy is helpful as are the meds . pt sees private pschiatictrist & psychologist, but even tho helpful depressive complex remains.

Also C&P doc says pt does not report remission even w/ some fairly effective treatment over the past 10 years & this failure to remit is most likely due to his chronic heath stressor & its aggravating effects upon his self image & mood.