Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych Doc

Rate this question

babyray

Question

:D I need a psych doc to give me an IMO for major depression disoder. Could anybody give me some names & numbers? Thx. Chow!!!!

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This still don't list the rationale for the rating. The part that states what you told the doctor and what the doctor said. The part where they say why you didn't get 30%.

WHAT IS YOUR OTHER CHRONIC HEALTH STRESSOR? This is probably why the va didn't increase your rating. If you have an issue that is not service connected the VA can use this against your claim, especially if their own psych opines this way. This is the way it looks to me from what you presented.

frank

The VA decision states that an eval of 10% is granted whenever there is occupational & social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency & ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress; or symptoms controlled by continuous medication.

My private doc says I had MDD w/ a GAF score of 53; With my meds helping very little.

The VA's C&P doc says my therapy is helpful as are the meds . pt sees private pschiatictrist & psychologist, but even tho helpful depressive complex remains.

Also C&P doc says pt does not report remission even w/ some fairly effective treatment over the past 10 years & this failure to remit is most likely due to his chronic heath stressor & its aggravating effects upon his self image & mood.

This still don't list the rationale for the rating. The part that states what you told the doctor and what the doctor said. The part where they say why you didn't get 30%.

The part that says why I did not get 30% is not correct, I met that threshold but the rater did not see it that way. Let me say this, my claim was brokered to the tiger team in Cleveland Ohio (I live in New Orleans & claim was filed at the VARO there) & was rated by "the tiger team". This says it all, they will low-ball their mother.

WHAT IS YOUR OTHER CHRONIC HEALTH STRESSOR? This is probably why the va didn't increase your rating. If you have an issue that is not service connected the VA can use this against your claim, especially if their own psych opines this way. This is the way it looks to me from what you presented.

frank

frank, my chronic health stressor is my SC conditions of left thigh & knee, spine, left hip, & MDD. What more do the raters want? I was low-ball. I just got a decision on my recon claim for my spine-30%. Now I am filing a recon claim on my MDD. Thx for asking. Chow!!!!

BR,

What did the C&P examiner put in Section G of your C&P exam? You are correct that CHRONIC sx should net a higher rating.

I had the same thing happen. My C&P examiner stated my sx were "chronic since first treatment in military" (30 years ago), that I was "unable to work due to sx of bp", and in section G stated that I had "total occ/soc impairment" and then listed her rationale. The raters, however, decided that meant I should be rated 50%. I got properly rated 100% P&T on appeal with a good IMO and cited it and the C&P exam. So even with a good C&P exam you can still get a bad rating (pity the vets who get a cruddy C&P exam on top of everything else!).

If you will compare the mental health rating schedule with the questions asked at the end of your exam in section "G. Effects of the Mental Disorder on Occupational and Social Functioning" you will see they line up nicely with the percentages in the rating schedule:

Total occ/social = 100%

Deficiencies in most areas = 70%

Reduced reliability = 50%

Occasional decrease = 30%

Transient or mild/continuous medication = 10%

Here's the C&P exam link: http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm37.htm

Here's the mental health rating schedule link: http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/regs/38CFR/BOO...ART4/S4_130.DOC

I thought the Tiger Team was supposed to be the best. I'm sorry they low balled your claim.

I assume you are going to appeal the rating?

Let us know what the C&P examiner wrote in Section G and if you are going to appeal.

Thanks,

TS Snave

Edited by tssnave

BR,

What did the C&P examiner put in Section G of your C&P exam? You are correct that CHRONIC sx should net a higher rating.

I had the same thing happen. My C&P examiner stated my sx were "chronic since first treatment in military" (30 years ago), that I was "unable to work due to sx of bp", and in section G stated that I had "total occ/soc impairment" and then listed her rationale. The raters, however, decided that meant I should be rated 50%. I got properly rated 100% P&T on appeal with a good IMO and cited it and the C&P exam. So even with a good C&P exam you can still get a bad rating (pity the vets who get a cruddy C&P exam on top of everything else!).

If you will compare the mental health rating schedule with the questions asked at the end of your exam in section "G. Effects of the Mental Disorder on Occupational and Social Functioning" you will see they line up nicely with the percentages in the rating schedule:

Total occ/social = 100%

Deficiencies in most areas = 70%

Reduced reliability = 50%

Occasional decrease = 30%

Transient or mild/continuous medication = 10%

Here's the C&P exam link: http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm37.htm

Here's the mental health rating schedule link: http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/regs/38CFR/BOO...ART4/S4_130.DOC

I thought the Tiger Team was supposed to be the best. I'm sorry they low balled your claim.

I assume you are going to appeal the rating?

Let us know what the C&P examiner wrote in Section G and if you are going to appeal.

Thanks,

TS Snave

TS Snave,

I appreciate your interest in my quest for fairness.

The tiger team isn't s_ _ t. The worst VARO in the country from what I understand.

I filed a recon claim for my MDD July 30, 2009.

This is what the C&P examiner wrote in section G:

Is there total occupational and social impairment due to mental disorder signs and symptoms? No

If there is not total occupational and social impairment, do mental disorder signs and symptoms result in deficiencies in the following areas (judgement, thinking, family relations, work, mood or school)? Yes

Judgment? No

Thinking? Yes

Examples including thosen already reported:

poor concentration, memory, attention

Family relations? Yes

Examples and pertinent symptoms, including those already reported:

irritible, grumpiness,

Work? Yes

Examples and pertinent symptoms, including those already reported:

pt tried a second career but pain and have not having the energy to continue he stopped last yr

Mood? Yes

Examples including those already reported:

low mood, low energy, lack of interest, feeling hopeless/worthless

Please get back with me right away. I like to know what you think about Section G. I think I should have gotten at least 30%. What do you think? Chow!!!