Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Opinions On Varo Using "note" To Validate One Sentence And Switch Another

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Noted as the documentation on my copy of the C&P?? exam...

Opinion/Rationale: It is asked by the VARO if the thoracolumbar strain that was treated in 1968 is related to her current diagnosis with herniated nucleus pulposus with dics protrusion and chronic back pain...the current claimed back condition and herniated nucleus pulposus is note related to her service connected strain on 1968...(BTY it is documented strain, sprain, spasms, with continual pain with no relief NOTED! In my SMR'S)

To:Dottie Z VAMC

Dottie,

I'm reviewing the general examination( I was told it was for a C&P exam, hummm ) on Betty Boop 000 00 0000 dated 9/6/04. I need clarification on the opinion on hnp, lumbar spine. Your wording says the current claimed back injury and hnp is note related to her s/c strain of 1968. Please clarify if you meant not related, or it is related.

To:Mary X VARRE:

Mary, The current diagnosis of ddd with a history of hnp is NOT related to her one time musculoskeletal strain that occurred in the military. Additionally please note the intercurrent injury in 1997.

Ok so now we use the word note= a comment or an explaination; importance; observation; to observe carefully; to notice; to show; indicate; to make mention of; remark; to pay attention to...get my drift??

The use of the "note" gets changed around to NOT when conveniently, and then again in the next sentence to "note" the importance of the word in another sentence. WTF??

Never mind the DEFUNCT NP who did the exam was PERMANENTLY removed from ever doing a C&P exam ever again!! How valid is her documentation when she can write it "note"change it to "not" and it's meaning then go back and write it again to mean the the importance of the "note" again. How about all the other errors in her documentation...she typed it and 8 days after she did her defunct exam gets it approved by yet another mia Dr...and then 2 days later changes what she wrote to match what the VARO wanted written.

She told me nurse to nurse I had the S/C damage and it lead to degenerative changes throughout the years. The diagnostic studies, years of Dr visits, years of treatments, all document "chronic back pain" from early back injury years ago(to service date).

She also wrote I claimed to have been treated at this VAMC, yet no such records exist...HELLO ever hear of archives???? I got them, why couldn't she??

Sorry for the rampage, I just cannot understand how words can be changed so many times to satisfy the VARO once written...even if gramaticallly incorrect either way! She really needs to be sued for IGNORANCE besides malpractice, LIAR, and memory deficites, and being a big fat dum ass! :rolleyes:

Edited by halos2

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

Similar things have happened to me. Once they wrote that I had a truck stuck in my nose.

What I would suggest to you is what was suggested to me. I think Berta.

Go through the report and correct errors line per line, that you have found, explain the correction of the error as you have done below. Go to your patients advocate and submit the corrections.

Rather than attack the doctor, which I did felt like doing, I wrote that I did not know why there was an error and that the error could have been done in transcribing; I want it corrected.

The doctor who did the diagnoses appologized for the errors and said that my notes of correction had been added to the record.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Similar things have happened to me. Once they wrote that I had a truck stuck in my nose.

What I would suggest to you is what was suggested to me. I think Berta.

Go through the report and correct errors line per line, that you have found, explain the correction of the error as you have done below. Go to your patients advocate and submit the corrections.

BEEN THERE.DONE THAT WENT TO FOIA OFFICER TOO ALL THEY SAY IS ASK VARO FOR NEW C&P. BEEN THERE.DONE THAT. NOTHING HAS WORKED AT ALL. CLAIM SITS AT BVA...

Rather than attack the doctor, which I did felt like doing, I wrote that I did not know why there was an error and that the error could have been done in transcribing; I want it corrected.

THEY DID NOTHING WITH IT! I USED THE TRANSCRIPTION TRUMP CARD AND THEY DO NOTHING.

The doctor who did the diagnoses appologized for the errors and said that my notes of correction had been added to the record.

IT TOOK THEM 3 DAYS TO FIND THIS DEFUNCT NP AND SHE COULDN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING BUT SAID IF IT WAS HER REPORT THAN IT WAS IT! THANKS FOR REPLYING THOUGH. GLAD IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU.

Edited by halos2

• HadIt.com Elder

Stretch

I want the truth. Do you have a truck stuck up your nose? What kind of truck? Is it a clunker? How big is your nose anyway. Is it an American truck or a Toyota? These are very important questions the VA needs answers too.

• In Memoriam

I have told about this truck before. I only repeat it because it was the most absurd thing that I have ever read. Whoever wrote this was either really trying to be funny or was really high on some kind of drugs. Think this was written in one of my SSOC's.

The only reason they get away with this kind of thing is because they have no evidence to support your claims so they make things up.

The only way you can get your evidence submitted as medical fact is through an IMO or IME (Independent Medical Opinion or Independent Medical Evaluation).

It is a question of weight. An NP is more qualified to give an IMO than the Veteran, that is why they use NP's. An independent medical IMO trumps an NP. I got an IMO from the original Dr. who operated on me when I was first out of Service. This Original Dr.'s IMO was accepted at the C&P.

This claim has been at the BVA and AMC for over a year now. It was hard tracking my old Doctor down after 40 years, but I found the doctor. It cost me two trips to Calf., to get IMO's.

I couldn't hardly believe that the doctor would still be alive after all these years. He remembered my situation and also recognized his own work, because he worked back to back with a dental surgeon to repair SC damage.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Stretch, I really don't know what type of surgery you had or what the wording was on the documentation evidence. Sounds perplexing, and intreging. I am so glad you were able to relocate the Dr too. I had 2 IMO's by 2 individual Dr's one was Navy military 4 yrs went on to be an RN and immediately continued on to become a doctor while supporting his family working as a nurse. So he was/is familiar with the "mlitary way." I met him the year I was honorably discharged. The second Dr worked at his father's clinic...I met his father prior 2 yrs before him so we are talking 39 yrs of treatments visits, etc. BUT the VA used the defunct NP "OPINION" rather than the 2 Dr's IMO's.

This my friend is, and has been my delima all these years since applying for benefits.

Tick toc tick toc as I wait getting more depressed, discouraged, discusted, degraded, deflamed, disrought...as the saga continues to what seems like infinity... :D

quote name='Stretch' date='Aug 15 2009, 01:27 PM' post='160419']

I have told about this truck before. I only repeat it because it was the most absurd thing that I have ever read. Whoever wrote this was either really trying to be funny or was really high on some kind of drugs. Think this was written in one of my SSOC's.

The only reason they get away with this kind of thing is because they have no evidence to support your claims so they make things up.

The only way you can get your evidence submitted as medical fact is through an IMO or IME (Independent Medical Opinion or Independent Medical Evaluation).

It is a question of weight. An NP is more qualified to give an IMO than the Veteran, that is why they use NP's. An independent medical IMO trumps an NP. I got an IMO from the original Dr. who operated on me when I was first out of Service. This Original Dr.'s IMO was accepted at the C&P.

This claim has been at the BVA and AMC for over a year now. It was hard tracking my old Doctor down after 40 years, but I found the doctor. It cost me two trips to Calf., to get IMO's.

I couldn't hardly believe that the doctor would still be alive after all these years. He remembered my situation and also recognized his own work, because he worked back to back with a dental surgeon to repair SC damage.