VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eyeglasses

Rate this topic

babyray

Good news. I had a eye exam last week at the VAMC in New Orleans. Yesterday I rec a authorization form to obtain my glasses thr the VA contracted vendor. They enclosed a vendor list to call & make an appt. The VA will pay $71.00 for for a pair of glasses consisting pf lens & frames. Should you reguest additional items not prescribed or authorized, you will be responsible for those charges greater than $71.00. I am 60% disabled. This is the first time I'm getting glasses from the VA. This is great. Give me your opinion on this.

Edited by babyray

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last Friday for my exam, and free glasses. My VA's Optometry clinic has changed some. They have a private contractor working in house VA now. A whole lot more friendly that the old crew, I guess they have an incentive to treat vets well, $.

They used to give you a pair every year, but have gone to every two years. I have photophobia secondary to SC disability and used to get Sunglasses too, but that's changed. If I pushed it I believe I could get the shades.

I'm glad that you got your refraction, and are getting glasses. Every benefit that saves us money is great! B)

BTW, does the NOVA not have a optical clinic in house, I've never had to go out of VA to get my glasses.

Edited by BoonDoc

I went last Friday fro my exam, and free glasses. My VA's Optometry clinic has changed some. They have a private contractor working in house VA now. A whole lot more friendly that the old crew, I guess they have an incentive to treat vets well, $.

They used to give you a pair every year, but have gone to every two years. I have photophobia secondary to SC disability and used to get Sunglasses too, but that's changed. If I pushed it I believe I could get the shades.

I'm glad that you got your refraction, and are getting glasses. Every benefit that saves us money is great! B)

BTW, does the NOVA not have a optical clinic in house, I've never had to go out of VA to get my glasses.

BoonDoc, thx for your info. Who is BTW?

babyray

• HadIt.com Elder

You must have gotton extra stuff added to your specs.

RF ? did you get polarized and tint?

They should have been free if not.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

BTW By the way

I think that 71 bucks equals cheap glasses but I defer to the Hadit expert of eyeglasses my dear friend Carlie

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use