VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally! Some Success With The Vietnam Veteran I've Been Helping...

Rate this topic

Troy Spurlock

"Only stickler is the VA is short changing him still on the award date on June 2009 when we actually filed the request/appeal in January 2008. So we're still going to argue that one; and the word is still out on the chloracne and left knee S/C."

Fight that all the way!!!!!! I see they are doping that more and more these days- making the award but with the wrong EED.

I assume this claim has been continuously prosecuted since the date they got the claim? The EED should be the date of the claim.

Chlorance- if due to dioxin- will be-as you know - VERY difficult.

I have never seen any chloracne-AO claims succeed.

There is a vet in one of the vet orgs on line I belong to-who claims he has IMOs from environmental docs- associating his current chloracne with dioxin from Vietnam.

Last I heard he was still appealing their denials.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I have a buddy who was on SSD for ten years for his SC disability which the VA rated 50%. It was not until he filed for IU and sent in two IMO's that they gave him 100%. The VA knew he was on SSD, but just ignored the fact he could not work in his rating. He never claimed IU but it was clearly inferred from him being on SSD. The VA did not apologise to him. They first accused him of doctor shopping to the the 100%. He had panic and PTSD so bad he took his family to the wilderness to live to get away from people. Maybe he should ask for EED.

• HadIt.com Elder

John, inferred claim would need to have records and a followup claim. Did the vet get Cfile and medical records to review for possible inferred claim? Don't give up easy now.

Best to ya,

Cg

quote name='john999' date='Sep 13 2009, 11:27 AM' post='165809']

You know I have a buddy who was on SSD for ten years for his SC disability which the VA rated 50%. It was not until he filed for IU and sent in two IMO's that they gave him 100%. The VA knew he was on SSD, but just ignored the fact he could not work in his rating. He never claimed IU but it was clearly inferred from him being on SSD. The VA did not apologise to him. They first accused him of doctor shopping to the the 100%. He had panic and PTSD so bad he took his family to the wilderness to live to get away from people. Maybe he should ask for EED.

• HadIt.com Elder

An inferred claim for IU would be valid if the VA knew via SSD records or other records in the VA's possession that the vet could not work due to his SC disability.

That is right out of the VBM.

• HadIt.com Elder

Right, I hear you. But connecting the paperwork, records, files and what have you is needed to prove it all up. What's your next step? I love hearing success stories - each corrected compensation claim is a win for everyone but most importantly the veteran in need.

Don't give in if you know and can prove it right!

Yeehaw,

Cg

An inferred claim for IU would be valid if the VA knew via SSD records or other records in the VA's possession that the vet could not work due to his SC disability.

That is right out of the VBM.

Edited by cowgirl

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use