Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Records Problem

Rate this question

Kevin J

Question

I recently had a C&P exam done at the Orlando VAMC and when I go to the ROI office they tell me that they are not allowed to release the C&P medical records because it is still being rated. There is a sign on the wall that says per the St. Petersburg Regional Office that they can not give out the records. Is that allowed since it is a medical record, aren't we supposed to have unlimited access per federal law to our records? Can the regional office get away with this and what should I do to get my complete records? Has anyone else run into this problem and the Orlando office?

Thanks,

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I recently had a C&P exam done at the Orlando VAMC and when I go to the ROI office they tell me that they are not allowed to release the C&P medical records because it is still being rated. There is a sign on the wall that says per the St. Petersburg Regional Office that they can not give out the records. Is that allowed since it is a medical record, aren't we supposed to have unlimited access per federal law to our records? Can the regional office get away with this and what should I do to get my complete records? Has anyone else run into this problem and the Orlando office?

Thanks,

howdy, took off a few days from hadit and then saw that people were still on this topic talking about doctors, and rules and regulations. i thought that the topic was to obtain your c&p exam results. well, let me try again. first of all, do you think all of your c&p's were done by doctors ? my 3 were done by pa's, so forget about doctors and anything involving them because about 75% are done by pa's. ok, so you want your exam results within 2 weeks, do this and golly, surprise, surprise, surprise, there they are, right in your mailbox. get va form 10-5345a. print it from the va website, call the va, call a vamc, call the sec of the dept of veteran aff, or call the sec of defense, just get it, fill it out and send it to the Release of Info Office at the vamc you went to for the exam. got it, get it, john d of pa, the never to be elder

pa's??? 75%???? How do you come to that calculation?

DH

howdy, took off a few days from hadit and then saw that people were still on this topic talking about doctors, and rules and regulations. i thought that the topic was to obtain your c&p exam results. well, let me try again. first of all, do you think all of your c&p's were done by doctors ? my 3 were done by pa's, so forget about doctors and anything involving them because about 75% are done by pa's. ok, so you want your exam results within 2 weeks, do this and golly, surprise, surprise, surprise, there they are, right in your mailbox. get va form 10-5345a. print it from the va website, call the va, call a vamc, call the sec of the dept of veteran aff, or call the sec of defense, just get it, fill it out and send it to the Release of Info Office at the vamc you went to for the exam. got it, get it, john d of pa, the never to be elder
Edited by darkhorse

C & P exam results are not available from the RO but they sure are easily available from the ORLANDO VAMC now not after the rating/decision. I received mine in one week from the LEBANON PA VAMC in july, 2009, and i have not rcd a decision yet. OK, since i am the sarcastic one, let me add, from where do you get all of this incorrect, i mean good, info ? I give a lot of advice but nobody listens to the new, dumb, young guy but i don't care. I know i got three increases in 1 year by using reconsiderations. i never heard of disagree, dro review, dro hearing, bva appeal. i know recon but keep listening to your vso's and appeal appeal appeal and wait 3 to 4 years for nothing,HA HA HA. No wonder most of you don't get anywhere. good luck, the dummy in pa (with the big checks) :) :) :lol:

blanco,

How about realizing your talking about 2 different VAMC's. What 1 does is not necessarily what the other does. If you took a look at member's profiles you'd also realize many of us do get somewhere - but we are here to share both support and knowledge with other's.

You may refer to yourself as "the dummy in pa" but you really do not need to pop

onto someone's topic just to be a smart azz.

That part, is not appreciated here.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
Request the exam results directly from the RO. They have to release them under the freedom of information act.

So does the VAMC.

Try ther patient advocate. Even though it is a C and P exam it is still a record covered under the FIOA.

J

Thanks,

Kevin,

I live close to St Pete VARO and get all of my medical care to include C&P's done

right on campus at Bay Pines VAMC.

Last week I went to ROI at Bay Pines VAMC and got a copy of a C&P done recently.

For OP's - Purple is correct that mental health exam's can, at certain times be held back.

To overcome this - when you have you'r appointment's or C&P's for MH, right then and there during treatment or during the examination, request the provider to enter a note in CPRS that ROI has their permission to release a copy to you.

This is what over came a blockage to me at one time.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by carlie
sp

current percentage of c&p exams done by pa's=75% but may go up after my next one this month. three of my friend's four exams done by pa's per results received from his vamc. three of my three done by pa's per results from my vamc. hopefully my next one will be done by a doctor so i can keep it at 75%. oh no, if it's another pa, then that makes 7 out of 8, nooooooooo i'll have to recalculate. i got a question, why hasn't someone else given the advice of sending a 10-5345a to their vamc ? i already got one ready to drop off at the release of info office right after my next c&p this month. by the time these posts and bickering are done, you could have had a 10-5345a in the mail and received your c&p results. good luck everybody. sarcasm is beneficial if one can laugh, listen, and learn or in any order preferred, but there will always be some advice in there somewhere.