Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recruiting

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Members, do anyone remember back in 1956, the recruiting billboards and posters saying "Join the US Navy, if you have a high school diploma, we will guarantee you a Navy school that you can attend." The recruiter in New Orleans, where I enlisted, confirmed this when I joined. I was a high school graduate but for 4 years, I applied for a navy school but was flatly refused. This made me very angry and made me become very,depressed. This year when I had a C&P exam for MDD, I told the doc and he noted that in his progress notes. I guess you can call this a stressor. I am 10% for MDD which I filed a RECON claim and is waiting a decision. Does anyone, whose old enough, remember this back in 1956. Please go back to 1956 and see if you can remember this recruiting slogan.

Babyray

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hey babyray----MOS means Military Occupational Specialty, used by the USMC and I think the Army, Navy and Air Force had their own different terms for the same thing. I went to numerous schools in the USMC but was still an 0311/0353 means "Grunt", Infantry, Anti Armor". Don't think you have a case for a claim but thats not my call. Good Luck and thank you for your service!!

The person who has nothing for which they are willing to fight,

nothing which is more important than they're own personal safety,

is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free,

unless made and kept so by the exertions of better persons

than himself.

Semper Fi

pigdriver

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are already SC for MDD then it does not matter about any stressors. I thougth you were trying for a PTSD claim when you used the word "stressor".

• HadIt.com Elder
Thx Pete53, what is a MOS?

babyray

Navy Enlisted Classification ( NEC )

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

You must be kidding right, this is a joke there are thousands of veterans that are dealing with worst things than that and you are claimming that as depression.I am sorry but since I joined hadit this is the most ridiculous thing I ever read on this site.

Members, do anyone remember back in 1956, the recruiting billboards and posters saying "Join the US Navy, if you have a high school diploma, we will guarantee you a Navy school that you can attend." The recruiter in New Orleans, where I enlisted, confirmed this when I joined. I was a high school graduate but for 4 years, I applied for a navy school but was flatly refused. This made me very angry and made me become very,depressed. This year when I had a C&P exam for MDD, I told the doc and he noted that in his progress notes. I guess you can call this a stressor. I am 10% for MDD which I filed a RECON claim and is waiting a decision. Does anyone, whose old enough, remember this back in 1956. Please go back to 1956 and see if you can remember this recruiting slogan.

Babyray

I just want to know how you make out on this. Like Windy states, I find this unbelieveable, and we wonder why the system is clogged <_< . But, again like the old saying goes, what one person thinks as not serious, is serious to another person (this isn't an old saying, I just made it up). If, you are successful, I have a list of broken promises that will choke an elephant.

Papa