Life Insurance

Rate this question

windy city

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This subject is confussing to me. I had 90% and was awarded IU which means i am getting paid for 100%.I have been told i was qualified and been told i am not.Can some tell me for sure? Can i buy the policy and if so how much will it cost me? I am talking about the 10thousand dollar policy .Before i got IU i was listening to someone in my group who told me I would qualified for the 10 thousand free. Truse or false.

• HadIt.com Elder

Service Disabled Veterans Insurance:

Initial maximum $10,000 (Premium can be waived if 100% disabled, in other words, if you are 100% then it's free, but you gotta apply for it).

If you ARE 100% and you apply for the first (the free part) $10,000, then you are also able to get ANOTHER $20,000, but you'll have to pay for that portion.

It's a really good deal, actually, especially if you are disabled (seems that regular life insurance companies don't like to insure a lot of disabled).

I've got the entire package, the first 10k and the additional 20k, and it costs me so little that I don't even remember what I pay for it, they just take it out of my monthly disability pay. The rates vary according to your age, of course, just like private life insurance, but the rates are LOWER than you can get "on the street".

pssssst, hey, you can trust me, I'm a JewBoy after all, and I DO NOT PAY RETAIL, not fer nuttin, honey! :rolleyes:

Larry is right, tho, for me I got it "catch 22" with life insurance. Here is how it works. The VA rarely gives you "full pop" (100%) from the get go, but does it in stages..zero percent, then 30% and finally 100%.

So, I got 40%..which is only about $500 bucks a month due to VA's fuzzy math. (40% of 2823 = $1129, but with VA's fuzzy math its less than half of that.) I got my free life insurance, but could not afford the kind you pay for cuz its rough to live on $500 per month. So, when I finally got my 100%, I cant get the extra 20k because you have to do it within a year, and increase in rating does not count as a new rating. Its catch 22.