Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Playing P&t Games Again

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well just when you think you can stop stressing the VA makes you stress again. I'm not sure how many of you so my posts within the last month but here is the deal.

My American legion rep goes up to the VARO and signs off on a September 16, 2009 decision granting a few things including TDIU and dependents educational assistance (DEA). Under the grant of DEA it states a Veteran is eligible for DEA when he or she is discharged under other than dishonorable conditions and has a permanent and total service connected disability.

I receive a grant letter dated September 18, 2009 with all the above minus the DEA award.

I call my SO and he says no your P&T.

I go to the VARO in the next couple of days and ask for a copy of my latest rating decision. I get a copy of the September 16, 2009 decision showing the grant of DEA. However, the rep won't tell me if I am P&T. He says I can tell you is that you are TDIU and have DEA benefits and he underlined them. I go down to my American Legion rep and he says by establishing DEA they have rated you P&T and you are eligible for champva. The only way you can get DEA is though P&T. I said why doesn't it say P&T directly on the letter. He says this is how they have been awarded P&T now. They used to actually spell out P&T.

Then since I filled out a release that day a few days later I get the September 18, 2009 rating decision again without the DEA.

So I'm cool and happy and file my CHAMPVA application. Then I call this morning and find out its denied because they say I'm not P&T.

I called my AL rep and leave a message. He tells me he went up to the RO and saw the September 18th decision without the DEA grant. However the code that was on the sheet he signed off on was P&T. He pleaded my case and we are waiting to hear back. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Still got the paper that the rep underlined that stated you were DEA and TDIU? And what's up with the champa now?

Game playing yeah. BS you betcha. Good luck. We will be pulling for you here.

Well just when you think you can stop stressing the VA makes you stress again. I'm not sure how many of you so my posts within the last month but here is the deal.

My American legion rep goes up to the VARO and signs off on a September 16, 2009 decision granting a few things including TDIU and dependents educational assistance (DEA). Under the grant of DEA it states a Veteran is eligible for DEA when he or she is discharged under other than dishonorable conditions and has a permanent and total service connected disability.

I receive a grant letter dated September 18, 2009 with all the above minus the DEA award.

I go to the VARO in the next couple of days and ask for a copy of my latest rating decision. I get a copy of the September 16, 2009 decision showing the grant of DEA. However, the rep won't tell me if I am P&T. He says I can tell you is that you are TDIU and have DEA benefits and he underlined them. I go down to my American Legion rep and he says by establishing DEA they have rated you P&T and you are eligible for champva. The only way you can get DEA is though P&T. I said why doesn't it say P&T directly on the letter. He says this is how they have been awarded P&T now. They used to actually spell out P&T.

Then since I filled out a release that day a few days later I get the September 18, 2009 rating decision again without the DEA.

So I'm cool and happy and file my CHAMPVA application. Then I call this morning and find out its denied because they say I'm not P&T.

I called my AL rep and leave a message. He tells me he went up to the RO and saw the September 18th decision without the DEA grant. However the code that was on the sheet he signed off on was P&T. He pleaded my case and we are waiting to hear back. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I have the copy he underlined stating I am entitled to DEA based on a P&T service connection. CHAMPVA I had just applied so they turned me down because the VARO did not put me P&T in their system.

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

This kind of reminds me of when they did a pap smear on my anus and got the cultures mixed up. Came back squamaus cell but the next day they said they had the cultures mixed up. Actually was just some benign tissue.

dh

crazy-dog.jpg&h=94&w=133&usg=__KOn1hLijeKDD3LwW2tzES4paAcQ=

• HadIt.com Elder

man I hope this gets resolved soon. I am sure it is giving you a headache.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

What VARO is this?

I am sure I have some direct phone numbers for their director and their VSCMs.

This is Bull ___-and something like this happened to me-but the VSM corrected it fast.

(but I had to raise Hell)

After years of having CHAMPVA the VA told CHAMPVA that I was not eligible.

Some illiterate at the RO read my husband's award letter wrong.

Then again- has this all had time enough to get into the VA system computers as to your award?

It took them months to change my DIC under 1151 to DIC under direct SC death.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Berta,

It's Hartford, CT VARO. The System says I'm not P&T. Just to explain again there is two drafts of my award letter floating around. The original which had DEA included and the one I received which had DEA removed. The American Legion SO signed off on the DEA copy. I also went to the VARO and got the DEA copy from them. Now they are saying this is not the case.

100% P&T

George Washington