Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Change At The 800 Number

Rate this question

Fosk

Question

I was told today that I should not call anymore to ask about where my claim is at because it is in ratings right now. The operator told me " we can no longer discuss or to let you know of any decisions that are made to your claim. And, to stop calling and just wait for my letter in the mail." I was so mad that I called back only to find out it's true. The memo went out Friday to all the operators.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

{sarcasm on} Wer're sorry sir.....WE at the VA have initiated antother step to prevent US from helping you the veteran, and have forgotten that you are the very reason why WE are here. After all, it's all about how happy our employees are rather than a bunch of undeserving burdens on society. {sarcasm off}

As King Solomon said......."Nothin new under the sun."

• HadIt.com Elder
I was told today that I should not call anymore to ask about where my claim is at because it is in ratings right now. The operator told me " we can no longer discuss or to let you know of any decisions that are made to your claim. And, to stop calling and just wait for my letter in the mail." I was so mad that I called back only to find out it's true. The memo went out Friday to all the operators.

I have been dealing with the VARO in Columbia SC since 2002, they have never given me any disposition on any of my decisions in the past 7 years all I ever got out of them was it's at the raters, or the DRO has it, or it's in the Congressional reply office, they have never told me if my claims were approved or what percentages or anything, I was always told they didn't have access to those screens and I would just have to wait for the award letter, maybe all of the Regional offices are just getting on the same message

Example is the mess DAV Marine is going thru about his P&T one call tells him one thing and another phone call tells him something else, that kind of stuff causes a lot of sleepless nights, ulcers and alot of mental anguish, I have found it's best to believe nothing any of them tell you until you get the award letter in your hand and read exactly what it says, then you know whats real and whats not, until then it's all BS and not worth the phone line it was stated on.

• HadIt.com Elder

Call them and ask them the weather. These 800 operators will tell you anything to get you off the phone in a 2 minute time span.

The 800 operator is at a call center and has extremely limited access to your information.

Use the IRIS system. There you get a response from inwriting.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, at least with this NEW POLICY in place, they can quit making stuff up and lying to the veteran! :D

REMEMBER: Never let 'em take your horse.

Edited by LarryJ

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Years ago I worked at a call center for a major telecom company. We were rated primarily on two factors: 1 - Average answer time (how quickly we answered the call) and 2 - How quickly we could get the person off the phone. jbasser is right! Hopefully they won't think about routing calls overseas and make things even worse...