Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Change At The 800 Number

Rate this question

Fosk

Question

I was told today that I should not call anymore to ask about where my claim is at because it is in ratings right now. The operator told me " we can no longer discuss or to let you know of any decisions that are made to your claim. And, to stop calling and just wait for my letter in the mail." I was so mad that I called back only to find out it's true. The memo went out Friday to all the operators.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Then what the heck is there a call center out there for anyway. Granted 95% of the time they didn't have any idea of what was going on but still...now they should shut them down and go back to the VARO answering the calls. Just another waste of $$ to pay people to sit and do more of nothing. When will the $$ stopped being paid to people who sit, and instead give it to vets.

I was told today that I should not call anymore to ask about where my claim is at because it is in ratings right now. The operator told me " we can no longer discuss or to let you know of any decisions that are made to your claim. And, to stop calling and just wait for my letter in the mail." I was so mad that I called back only to find out it's true. The memo went out Friday to all the operators.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is the know nothing line. Also if they routed calls to India those folks might try to help you and the VA certainly does not want that.

It is the know nothing line. Also if they routed calls to India those folks might try to help you and the VA certainly does not want that.
When the folks at VARO had the phone centers, they were in place to help. Many won't or didn't know how if they would. But at WACO I had the numbers for about 4 different phone folks. They would root through different levels of 'screens' which the majority of personel would not or could not. I have had some of them go check my file to make sure evidence sent in actually got into the file. And once I got first word of a rating before the letter got to me. That was service!

Now? I generally know more than they do about what's going on with my file. (and well I should!)