• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military Gets Cola, Vets Get Nothing

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Here it is:

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-...s?ESRC=navy-a.n

The military says that military deserves a pay raise, and I agree, but says on the other hand, Veterans get zero.

The VA squandering of our money is bad enough, an increase was given to the VA by congress sufficient for a pay raise, but VA executives decided to keep this money for themselves and award each other bonuses instead.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

COLA is not a pay raise. Unless you have an idea on how to raise inflation in this country there will be no COLA. And for those that don't know, inflation is a bad thing. We are better off if inflation declines and we get no cola. As it stands, all those COLA raises in the past were just to keep us and SS in line with inflation. Though the dollor amount is more, we actually get the same as they got in 1970 or 1950 or any other year in actuall value.

The military gets a pay raise. Good.

If you want more compensation, work to get the base(before COLA) increased. and good luck with that.

I get prety close to the same as my Dads railroad disability retirement.I think a little more even. Most people would love railroad benifits so I think we're pretty well inline with the general population.

Altho I am all for the military getting a raise, I can not see how they can say active duty gets it, while Veterans do not. Inflation impacts Vets and active duty alike. To me, they are saying...well the government lied about there being no inflation..we had to tell that to the Vets and social security, but now we (the government) is telling the military the rate of inflation is 3.4%. Is the government suggesting that military pay was too low, but Veterans compensation was not too low?

On one hand they tell us inflation is zero, on the other hand they tell us it is 3.4%.

I dont know about you guys, but that seems like a double standard to me..giving the military a pay raise and excluding Vetrans.

While some are pointing out the differences between a Cola and the military pay raise..the bottom line is that the military gets more money and we dont. I feel "stiffed"...again.

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't you think we get enough??? I live quite comfortably and I only get just over $3500 a month. Of course my wants and needs are small. I really get tired of hearing how much more we should get. We'll never get "what we deserve" for what we've lost but most that are getting both SSDI & VA Comp should be very comfortable. If not, "I feel" you are living well beyond your means. Time to down-size.

As for the actice duty military, I feel, they should each get 3 times what they are paid, if not more.

Sorry if I've pissed everyone off, now, but I get tired of the whining. Imagine what it would be like w/o VA comp!!!! jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Like carlie said...No COLA, this year. Last year fuel was over $4.00 a gal. This year it's around $2.50. It's all based on the third quarter figures from year to year. We are not in the military anymore and we cannot compare our needs to those in uniform now.... It's like comparing apples and pears... If you want to put your energy into an increase, I would suggest to write and push for the 25% increase proposed earlier this year. That fell on deaf ears. I'm just saying if you want to push for something substantial, voice your support for the 25% . What ever happened to that idea???

post-4811-1256334946_thumb.jpg

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

I agree w/ Phil Rogers and Pete53,

Need the active military to continue getting them motivated in this Iraq & Afghan worthless engagement, their family, personal needs, their admin expenses, etc..

Let's stop whinning and there's nothing we can at this time. I consider this COLA personally a delay for a year. If we get this onetime $250.00, that's fine.

Please keep busy, and help us out here in the forum. I myself is prepping up for my upcoming OSA re-open case with new evidence but still a challenge in winning this one.

Hang in there, gang!

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign