Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Web Site Changes

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

www.va.gov now looks totally different. If you think you knew where things used to be, look again. I don't yet know if it is an improvement or will make our lives more difficult.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
It looks, more to me like, they are trying to decrease end user usage!

If they would ONLY spend the time and MONEY trying to help US.

Like, for example, they were SUPPOSED to have the MyHealthEVet portion of their website all set up by the end of the year. I mean, ALL SET UP, where we could check on our upcoming appointments, MAKE upcoming appointments, access our medical records, etc.

Instead, they have spent what they should have spent on US...........trying, once again, to make THEM "look good", when, in all actuality, it has just been more smoke and mirrors.

But, if you REALLY want to know what I think...........? ;)

They have been claiming that they would do that for 5 years.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
They have been claiming that they would do that for 5 years.

Like I said "It's all smoke and mirrors", except there is some of that smoke gettin' blown up our butts.

Y'all just excuse me, but I'm having second thoughts about bein' NICE!

;)

If I had spent as much time makin up excuses for why I didn't do what I said I was going to do, instead of taking care of my clients, I'd have been a starving, non-productive, lying, useless CLOD!

Kinda like the_______________________ (insert the first name that comes to mind)!

Edited by LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

It would not be reasonable to have the intent to make the web site easy for the basics like benefits and general and make it as hard as possible for researchers to access information.

That is what it appears to me as I saw it the other day and it is difficult to navigate. It still can be done but it takes more time to get it done.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

GENERIC...this is ridiculous. What did they do, make it a project for 5th graders to develop a new site? Somemore waste of $.

They need to hit the delete button on the site and recover the history one.

OK I thought what the heck let's see how it works...

So I click About Me header

then click Jobs

Career Search

Va Careers.va.gov

stick clicking on down next to VA in the news

the last entry in that list I clicked on was How Veterans' Hospitals Became the Best in Health Care

WHAT? I thought...what about Marion?? Then read the date of the story Aug 27, 2006 By DouglasWaller for TIME.

Why would they even have such a story posted when the last few years the hospitals have infected vets with contaminated equipment, been sued for negligence, paid millions to dependents over lack of care which resulted in vets deaths, on and on and the Walter Reed incidents, etc. We are not living in 2006...

You want to update?? the site? Well put updated info on it! Be truthful...don't present old invalid information on a ?new ?web

site! Give me a break.

Write it in the PRESENT!

Edited by halos2

www.va.gov now looks totally different. If you think you knew where things used to be, look again. I don't yet know if it is an improvement or will make our lives more difficult.

I sure was shocked when I saw it the other day. I had a hard time with it to, sure makes you wonder what the motivation was?

JMHO,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

• HadIt.com Elder

With the changes, these may be of help..........

Try Important links below for BVA, CAVC, General counsel & VBA fact sheets

Web Automated Reference Material System (WARMS)

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/TOCindex.htm

Important VBA Links

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/imporlnks.htm

Edited by allan