Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scar Question On Claim

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

Has anyone here have a percentage for scars, I have a 3 inch scar on my left shin. Monday i have a C&P for the scar, i am currently 90% and need would like to go to 100 % any ideas about the claim process for scars....

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You can get 10% for pain/limitation of movement. My dad went in for a C&P for scars, and was surprised a few months later with a 10% rating!!!

Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-08

40% lower back, 10% migraines, 10% depression, 10% dermatitis 0% residuals of right foot, 0% esophagitis & 0% hypertension

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan"

- Abraham Lincoln

You can get 10% for pain/limitation of movement. My dad went in for a C&P for scars, and was surprised a few months later with a 10% rating!!!

alphahec,

I think your Dad got screwed.

Probably should have gotten 10 % for pain

and a separate rating for LOM depending where

and how severe the LOM is.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Papa

You should see a shrink about the scar. You claim that you are so sensitive to how people will judge you due to the scar that you have social phobia and depression.

Dont know if this will Help. I have a %20 rating for tender scarring at a bone graft site lower leg. Weird thing is I have a bunch of scars from all of the surgeries. They took a lot of bone off my hip and left it all jagged in there so a belt can be very uncomfortable sometimes. They also took out my fibula right leg and left a huge scar there. Not sure of the wording but maybe I got %20 for all the scars. not sure. Im just happy I got to keep my foot : ).... I almost lost it. Good luck on the C&P

Diz.

K well i went to the C&P and the doctor looked at the scar and said it was 5 inches and there is a walnut sized hernia on top the scar, He told me that from the last time i was rated for the scar back in 2001 it has gotten worse, the skin is atrophy i think that is how you spell it. bascially the skin is so thin that it bleeds through the scar. and the hernia is very bad..

so i hope this well increase me to 100%

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

John,

You probably correct. I can cover up my gut, but its hard to cover up the scar under my chin. Maybe I should wear one of those burka things B) . Not to make light of it, you are most likely correct.

Papa