VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Absence

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

Although I have passed along to a few via IM why I have not been around much I would like to let all know so you don't think hey he another one of those got mine now see you later guys!!

A few months back my mom was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. Although it is uncurable they offered her chemo along with a trial drug. Since I am the only one she could stand to birth (hahahahha) my wife and I have had our hands full with a very stringent regime of chemo.

Well today we were informed that her cancer has stopped responding to all three chemo drugs and the trial drug. It is now very wide spread so all drug treatment was stopped.

The doc gave us anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to enjoy her here on earth. He did offer that there was one more drug that she could try but the side effects would be so devastating that the extra 3-4 weeks it may give her would not be worth it. We have one week to make our decision - which at this point I will recommend to her that we forego any further treatment. Her poor body has been tormented so much by the previous drugs that I do not believe she can stand it and if she can have somewhat of a normal life for the next 2-3 weeks then I think it would be selfish of me to attempt to keep her here with me just a few short weeks all the while completely putting her mind and body through pure hell.

I will check in from time to time just to try and stay sane - for you guys and gals have been a life saver for me ever since I became a member of this wonderful community in 2005. God Bless each and everyone of you.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

good man ricky, i don't know what to say, it is a terrible burden for all of you, and saying goodbye is hard, though my personal belief is you will see her again, but i know that can be small comfort during this times. i will say a prayer for you and your family.

Enjoy every moment - I lost my hubby on January 15 in the year of his death... the small stuff does not matter any more. I found it amazing how my attitude changed when faced with a loved one's death. hugs to you and yours...

• HadIt.com Elder

May the Lord Bless her

The Lord make His face shine down upon her, and be gracious to her:

The Lord lift up his countenance upon her,

and give her PEACE.

.....from the Book of Numbers, chapter 6, verses 23-27.

Our prayers, from our house, will be uttered daily, upon your's.

http://www.hebrew4christians.net/Blessings...at_kohanim.html

• HadIt.com Elder
Although I have passed along to a few via IM why I have not been around much I would like to let all know so you don't think hey he another one of those got mine now see you later guys!!

A few months back my mom was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. Although it is uncurable they offered her chemo along with a trial drug. Since I am the only one she could stand to birth (hahahahha) my wife and I have had our hands full with a very stringent regime of chemo.

Well today we were informed that her cancer has stopped responding to all three chemo drugs and the trial drug. It is now very wide spread so all drug treatment was stopped.

The doc gave us anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to enjoy her here on earth. He did offer that there was one more drug that she could try but the side effects would be so devastating that the extra 3-4 weeks it may give her would not be worth it. We have one week to make our decision - which at this point I will recommend to her that we forego any further treatment. Her poor body has been tormented so much by the previous drugs that I do not believe she can stand it and if she can have somewhat of a normal life for the next 2-3 weeks then I think it would be selfish of me to attempt to keep her here with me just a few short weeks all the while completely putting her mind and body through pure hell.

I will check in from time to time just to try and stay sane - for you guys and gals have been a life saver for me ever since I became a member of this wonderful community in 2005. God Bless each and everyone of you.

Ricky I will add youand your family to the prayer list, I lost my Dad back in 72 and my mom in 96, my dad was 72 when he died he had a long good life, and my mom not quite so lucky she was 64 when she passed, you can't drink a gallon of wine every day without it biting you.

It's hard to deal with this especially at the holidays, but it's Mom and no day is a good day to deal with this. You will be in our thoughts, you have enough to worry about than to worry how a bunch of veterans are thinking. We will always be here, some of us pzzing people off and others here like Berta and Pete and many many others, just like a rock passing on the good advice.....

not all of us are "palladins" rofl....