Angelo Hurtado

Question

Sad day, I got a denial letter..I filed for

PTSD

Depression

Back Injury

Left Ankle Injury/Arthritis

Sleep Apnea

the determined that my condition is not severe enough to keep me from working due to my age (25), education, training, and work experience.

Although I experience pain the medical evidence shows that i'm able to walk and move about in a satisfactory manner without the use of an assistive device (i use a cane what the heck)

they said my sleep apnea isnt disabling and that even though i may be depressed and suffer from PTSD at times, my records show that i'm able to think, communicate and act in my own interest. The evidence shows im able to adjust to ordinary emotiinal stresses and to get along with others...as well as to do my usual activites and to remember and follw basic instructions.

They realize that I cannot do my past work, but my condition does not preclude me from all work activities. Based upon the medical findings, it is determined that I should be able to perform work that does not require special skills, special training, FREQUENT CONTACT WITH MY COWORKERS AND CONTACT WITH PUBLIC

such a bad day man...I know most people get denied but I had my hopes up, any advice on where to go from here? I hope the Va doesnt deny my claim for TDIU

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Get the Lawyer they actually have reasonable fees and they take some of the stress off you.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

halos2 - VA only reviews SSDI if "you" request it.

pr

Per SSDI info you write that you received the results ..."determined that my condition is not severe enough to keep me from working"... it seems doubtful you will get TDIU either as this is written here.

To get IU you cannot be able to work.

VA and SSDI review each others records/files. If sc you get va and "may" get ssdi but if not sc you may get ssdi but HIGHLY doubtful va unless there is a strong case that ties the medical diagnoses with the injury/disability...but highly not!! Sorry I am not the bearer of more favorable news...but never say never!

There can be appeals+ +. Good luck with your attorney pursuits. jim912@gmail.com might be able to direct you to some successful attorneys you could at least speak to. Nothing is ever easy.

thanks for the input everyone. All of the conditions filed for are service connected also, i dont really have anything wrong with me outside of my SC issues. I was rated 80% from the va BEFORE I filed for PTSD and TDIU so i dont know how that will pan out but a couple of the big brother/sisters on here have expressed to me I have a good case. It seems a lawyer is going to be the way I have to go. The fact of the matter is that my conditions keep me from working and caused me to lose my last job, regardless of what they THINK im capable of, the reality is i cant.

Hello there fellow Vet,

I think that I would have to respectfully disagree with Philip on Binder and Binder, only taking the easy cases. They took my case, and it was far from easy. I was denied by Social Security 3 times before I had to ask for a hearing. However, Binder and Binder helped me out alot and kept me updated on ever aspect of my case. Each step of the process I was assigned to a case worker, and I could contact them anytime with questions. But, most of the time they kept be updated. Binder and Binder doesn't get paid unless you win your case, I wouldn't totally write them off just yet. They won my case for me, and I even ended up being granted 3 years of backpay benefits. And, I applied for IU before SSD. I won that too, with just submiting evidence and statements from my doctor and of course attending the C&P exam.

Good Luck, my fellow veteran and I hope that you win both cases. It's going to take a lot of patience though.

Cherie33

Angelo, from time you go the letter of denial, there is a time period to apply for reconsideration, Get you a lawyer, your age is something SSA will be looking at very strongly. Just don't give up.

Thanks for the responses...i have 60 days to appeal so next week my wife is taking off work and going to take me to see a lawyer. I expected a denial after reading all the cases and hearing WHY they deny people (to weed out the fakes) i just hope my tdiu is more upfront and they dont try to avoid giving me what is owed.

Thanks everyone for the help i love this site for that reason!