Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Success Story

Rate this topic

billy2

• HadIt.com Elder

I was granted 70% SC and was on SSD and the VA denied my TDIU the first time. Don't give up. If you are 80% and can't work due to your SC problems you will get TDIU if you work at it. Are you getting SSD? I would apply for it if I don't have it based on my SC disabilites. When the VA grants TDIU they know you will never work again. They also know that you will get P&T one day. This is going to cost them. They try and wriggle out of it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was granted 70% SC and was on SSD and the VA denied my TDIU the first time. Don't give up. If you are 80% and can't work due to your SC problems you will get TDIU if you work at it. Are you getting SSD? I would apply for it if I don't have it based on my SC disabilites. When the VA grants TDIU they know you will never work again. They also know that you will get P&T one day. This is going to cost them. They try and wriggle out of it.

John,

I worked for the PO and retired under civil service last year after I had a stent put in. I couldn't take the BS anymore and I didn't want to have a heart attack over the stupid mail. I'm one credit short for SS and I don't think it would look good if I had some part time job for 3 months while filing for IU. If I felt that I could work I would still be a manager in the PO.

I thought that I reopened my CAD clain when I filed for PTSD but I guess I didn't. I will reopen that along with a request for an increase in PN for my legs. I had an EMG or whatever its called and my PN is now moderate,up from mild, so I think that be 20% instead of 10%.

Even if they approve these two claims the overall % wouldn't move much.

Bill

Billy,congrats,if you are a vietnam veteran,you need to keep that claim for CAD alive because it is going to be listed as presumption due to agent orange.

mobie

Never give up, I say - Way to go! You are your own best friend....

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete/Bonzai

Yes I am going to file for IU again.

I was denied CAD last year and will file for IHD again.

Also filing for PN increase on feet, I had a new ENG and doctor said my condition has moved from mild to moderate.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you are a Vietnam vet you may be entitled to back pay under the Nehmer ruling when the new IHD presumption is finally approved right now it is just "proposed" you may want to wait until the VA gets their act together because if I am not mistaken all the vets that have previously filed claims and then it is determined that their conditions are SC then they are entitled to back pay to the date when they filed

I think Berta is the in house expert on the Nehmer ruling maybe she can expand this

Also on your CAD have you attempted to have it SC as secondary to PTSD that is how I got my CAD and hypertension SC I had to go to BVA to do it the VARO wouldn't touch it

Congrats

Edited by Testvet

All good advise here on the TDIU and the IHD-

If VA denied you for IHD in the past-under Nehmer (AO)you sure might be awarded an EED back to the date of the initial IHD claim they denied.

We dont have any formal IHD regulations yet-and all Nehmer affectionados are anxious to see how the regs will read so that they will be fair and equitable to AO vets.And how they will apply the Nehmer Court order.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use