• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All Vets Need To Read This!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

This is a new pilot recently selected from this link:

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1852

This new pilot will put Veterans in control of thier claims- and we want your input.

Hey folks,

The VA has a new pilot program starting up at the Atlanta RO. Basically, this will cover SC claims for increase, presumptives already verified, temp 100% and ALS claims.

Because of the back-logs, we have identified the above type claims mainly due to SC has already been established. We are in the process of creating an application, physicians statements for each disability system and the format on how we will process these claims. The pilot is named Rapid Evaluation of Veterans Claims (REV).

We all know that the back-log is growing, so this pilot is soliciting your help. To qualify for this pilot, you are wanting an increase in SC conditions. For your outpatient treatment records from private physicians-You will obtain them. VAMC records-basically in the application you can inform us which VAMC your treated at and we can get them. Our rating board has developed physician statements that will be made availible for you to take to your treating physician or VAMC doctor. Once you have all your documents together, submit your claim to the RO.

There will not be a VA medical exam, the application has a "waiver" for the VAE so we can rate your claim based on the material you provided to us.We will not send you a VCAA. The only correspondence you'll receive is the rating decision and your notification letter when your claim is complete.

Please give me some comments, concerns and your questions. If successful, this pilot will be launched nationally.

Admins-if Ive posted in the wrong section, please move. DRO's, RVSR's, VSR's etc please chime in also.

Thanks,

Edited by stillhere

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The VA already has enough rules and regulations to process claims with accuracy and speed.

They will pick out a couple of easy claims that won't cost them very much money and then use those few claims to beat their own drum.

Somebody prove me wrong please.

sledge

Say, " Pretty Please" !

The VA already has enough rules and regulations to process claims with accuracy and speed.

They will pick out a couple of easy claims that won't cost them very much money and then use those few claims to beat their own drum.

Somebody prove me wrong please.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

Not getting a VCAA letter could be a problem. It seems to me the VA wants to do a rush job while short changing the vet on his rights. It all sounds great until you get the denial. You will still have to appeal. No C&P exam and no VCAA seems like the VA gets off cheap and it may hurt the vet. Do vets get any say in this matter?

Don't talk about it, use it. I tried a similar program(ECAI)in phila in june 2009 and had my increase in october 2009. i believe that most people who use this new program will get an increase because that will prove that the program is successful while also reducing the backlog. They win, you win. The only say I had in the matter is when I went to the bank, give me my money.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has study after study special program after special program and a regular circus about claims and yet what are the results.

It sounds good but...