Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lunatic Physician Assistant

Rate this question

NavyVietNamVet

Question

I've got this PA, I've never seen the actual doctor, my primary care provider, but they're treating hypertention and NOT the root cause. I was taking hydrocodone (vicodin) they prescribed for a screwed up lower back/right hip but when two of my tests came back "clean" they quit.

Nothing untoward is going on with these scrips or meds and these "medical professionals" are about to send me over the edge. I've talked, provided documented evidence and argued. My only true option here is asking for another doctor, but, all we have here is foreigners working off student debt from medical school so they can return home.

I'm really tired of being some new resident's crash test dummy.

Oh, and btw, I introduced myself twice in a week and hadn't got "moderated". I'm Randy, proud member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If your tests come back showing no codiene in your system two times running, then they assume you must be selling the drug (and, obviously, not taking the drug), so you get cut off. You must admit, their theory has some sense to it. Right now you have been deemed a drug pusher. Life sucks and I have no idea how to get you out of your situation other than to sit down with a Patient Advocate and TRY to get it straightened out.

• HadIt.com Elder

A question for the experts. I am prescribed Hydrocodine and xanax, If I drive to VA for an appointment I do not take it in the morning. Would it still show up in the tests they give me? I am terrified of being hit by a cell phone idiot and than sued cause I take meds that cause driver impairment.

Yeah we have had a big problem in my state seniors selling their pain med's and it is big time JAIL OFFENSE !

I would not even give my wife one of my pain pills if she needed one. What if she had a reaction and died or got real sick from it?

I know that probably is not your case,but as larry says just saying.

I had an uncle who was in the marines fought in korea. He was an alcoholic, one day a guy gave him a pain pill. He had a severe reaction and it paralized half his body, he died in a nursing form the complications at a very early age.

Believe me do not take a chance !