Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lunatic Physician Assistant

Rate this question

NavyVietNamVet

Question

I've got this PA, I've never seen the actual doctor, my primary care provider, but they're treating hypertention and NOT the root cause. I was taking hydrocodone (vicodin) they prescribed for a screwed up lower back/right hip but when two of my tests came back "clean" they quit.

Nothing untoward is going on with these scrips or meds and these "medical professionals" are about to send me over the edge. I've talked, provided documented evidence and argued. My only true option here is asking for another doctor, but, all we have here is foreigners working off student debt from medical school so they can return home.

I'm really tired of being some new resident's crash test dummy.

Oh, and btw, I introduced myself twice in a week and hadn't got "moderated". I'm Randy, proud member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome Randy, WELCOME to Hadit.

I believe that if you were into some kinda wreck your doctor has prescribed your pain meds. I am no lawyer but any blood test is going to show hydro codene even if it is from 2 or 3 days before will still show up. It is going to be very hard to use that against you especially if you have a clean record with the police and that you have a current prescription. If there is a problem with this then half of the veterans here at Hadit are going to jail for minor traffic stops.

Your obviously in some distress from the back issues and they have been prescribing pain. Have you told them your level of pain when you come in for your appointments? Its usually the first thing out of their mouth. If you say no pain or a 1 or 2 or 3 then you don't need pain meds. They must treat you for pain , especially if you have been diagnosed with one of the diseases or injuries that are pain causes.

I take random drug test every year outside of the VA because of my occupation. I have had no problems with the results as they come back negative, because I have prescription for hydrocodone. I do not drink or smoke or do any other recreational drugs. So nothing shows up in the random test that is illegal. I would definetly get a new doctor , get the Patient Advocate notified and make sure to give your pain scale proper each trip. I run a 7-8 on the pain scale every day of my life for the last 7-8 yrs since being diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy and have hydrotherapy, tens treatment every day for my pain including the pain meds. How do deal with your pain? Your doctor has no excuse for treating you in a way that is hurting you and if he is then the Inspector General needs to hear immediately and so does your congressman and senator.

Hope you keep us posted here on this Randy and welcome aboard. God Bless, and remember......NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

A question for the experts. I am prescribed Hydrocodine and xanax, If I drive to VA for an appointment I do not take it in the morning. Would it still show up in the tests they give me? I am terrified of being hit by a cell phone idiot and than sued cause I take meds that cause driver impairment.

Pete,

Just skipping the Hydro and xanax for that morning -

it would still show up strong in your blood work

if you've been taking it on a regular basis.

This is a fact.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, yeah, those drugs will show up in you system. Everything shows up. I am going Monday for my piss test. I consult with opiod clinic guy and get the oxycodone. They say oxycodone is most abused prescription drug, but good old va gives it to me.

• HadIt.com Elder

My piss test was cancelled because I was transferred to ambulatory pain clinic. Now I have to get an appointment there before my pain meds run out, and no one answers the phone. I find out that just because one person in the clinic calls in sick the whole clinic comes to a halt. How can a 50 billion dollar medical system be brought to its knees because employees don't show up for work? My advice is stay away from VA pain clinics. When you need them they won't be there for you. Pity those with chronic pain who can't find private or VA doctors to help them. Private doctors are too scared of DEA and VA staff is too dysfunctional. Health care reform is needed and start by fixing the damn VA. Billions of bucks spent and no one answers the phone or returns calls. Damn what a system! Depending on the VA for crucial medications in an invitation to the morgue.

• HadIt.com Elder
Oh, and btw, I introduced myself twice in a week and hadn't got "moderated". I'm Randy, proud member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club.

Welcome Aboard & Welcome Home, 'NavyVietNamVet'

My piss test was cancelled because I was transferred to ambulatory pain clinic. Now I have to get an appointment there before my pain meds run out, and no one answers the phone. I find out that just because one person in the clinic calls in sick the whole clinic comes to a halt. How can a 50 billion dollar medical system be brought to its knees because employees don't show up for work? My advice is stay away from VA pain clinics. When you need them they won't be there for you. Pity those with chronic pain who can't find private or VA doctors to help them. Private doctors are too scared of DEA and VA staff is too dysfunctional. Health care reform is needed and start by fixing the damn VA. Billions of bucks spent and no one answers the phone or returns calls. Damn what a system! Depending on the VA for crucial medications in an invitation to the morgue.

Tell me about it, i was scheduled for an ultrasound ,one person got sick .cancelled. I made a

useless trip to memphis and now i am having to go to a private facility up there this saturday.

I am not too mad about it ,but sure hate to make two trips ,and i better get that travel pay.