Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lunatic Physician Assistant

Rate this question

NavyVietNamVet

Question

I've got this PA, I've never seen the actual doctor, my primary care provider, but they're treating hypertention and NOT the root cause. I was taking hydrocodone (vicodin) they prescribed for a screwed up lower back/right hip but when two of my tests came back "clean" they quit.

Nothing untoward is going on with these scrips or meds and these "medical professionals" are about to send me over the edge. I've talked, provided documented evidence and argued. My only true option here is asking for another doctor, but, all we have here is foreigners working off student debt from medical school so they can return home.

I'm really tired of being some new resident's crash test dummy.

Oh, and btw, I introduced myself twice in a week and hadn't got "moderated". I'm Randy, proud member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

Welcome to Hadit.

I am also a Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club vet. This sounds pretty depressing. Have you been to Mental Health? They might be able to help...

You should be able to see a real doctor. You should request a real doctor, team change, from your VAMC patients advocate. The patients advocate is there for you and they are very helpful with situations like this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Randy welcome to Hadit. Sorry that you have not been moderated all I can do is,ok a post when I see it pending review

Most VA's post signs that you have the right to see a real Doc.

I've got this PA, I've never seen the actual doctor, my primary care provider, but they're treating hypertention and NOT the root cause. I was taking hydrocodone (vicodin) they prescribed for a screwed up lower back/right hip but when two of my tests came back "clean" they quit.

Nothing untoward is going on with these scrips or meds and these "medical professionals" are about to send me over the edge. I've talked, provided documented evidence and argued. My only true option here is asking for another doctor, but, all we have here is foreigners working off student debt from medical school so they can return home.

Randy,

Oh, and btw, I introduced myself twice in a week and hadn't got "moderated". I'm Randy, proud member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club.

You need to contact the patient advocate, they can get you some help. Also, you can go to the ER and ask for something to treat your pain in the mean time.

Hope this helps,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome Randy. I know it can be frustrating dealing with the various med professionals the VA throws at us. Hang in there.

Which Yacht were you assigned to? What years.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Many of the docs maintain the line of thought that Nam vets are nothing more than drug seeking veterans, I have had my share of dealings with these type of docs in the past decade it wasn't until the VA ordered an MRI of my back that showed the 3 herniated disks, since my heart disease is so severe, I am not a surgical option (no cutter wants me on their death list, my odds of surviving an operation are really bad) so they medicate me for everything and narcotics are the only thing to deal with the sciatica and bad back

but they needed the MRI to jstify it to the feds for writing me the narc for the past 8 years now I call and they refill it every month and even when they change docs on me it is so well documented that the new docs just keep the current meds updated I have 41 scripts and no one wants to mess up the recipe

if you need to go to the patient advocate and ask for a new doc

I am trying to figure out what you mean by" tests come up clean they quit". Does that mean they can't find evidence of the hydrocodone in your system? Or tests on your back and everything is negative ?

I have ran across some a-hole pa's.

Edited by skunk