Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pysch C&p

Rate this question

mac mcqueen

Question

Help me understamd what to expect. Hey I just had 3 knee surgries and three back surgries and I guess somewhere along the line I stated I was depressed and I don't know what to expect. I sometimes get confused and I constantly can't remember things. Alot of it is the meds, but I just don feel like the same person I used to be. I don't fell as though I'm te man of the house and I struggle sometimes completing task I used to do withot and troule. Anyone every had one of these. I just worry about ever thing. I don't have PSTD I just am depressed all the time and kinda withdrawn with no sleep.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Certainly have and I have PTSD... I constantly worry to the change that being injured and mental stresses can break you down but hang in there you will get an upswing and you'll feel a little better.. Good luck..Yogg..

Mac,

I am have some of the same issues I leave the house only for work up half of the night no motivation. I have a bum leg not able to do half the things I used to I am in pain and constantly worried about a relapse. Good luck I hope it all works out.

• HadIt.com Elder

A copy of the examination worksheet is http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm37.htm

If you have a copy of your VA medical records read for mention of depression or diagnosis of same. Sure hope you get treatment for depression if needed, my primary provider (nurse) 'screened' me and got me to VAMC counselor. Getting little or no sleep is not good, just adds to disability woes.(jmho)

Best to ya,

Cowgirl

Help me understamd what to expect. Hey I just had 3 knee surgries and three back surgries and I guess somewhere along the line I stated I was depressed and I don't know what to expect. I sometimes get confused and I constantly can't remember things. Alot of it is the meds, but I just don feel like the same person I used to be. I don't fell as though I'm te man of the house and I struggle sometimes completing task I used to do withot and troule. Anyone every had one of these. I just worry about ever thing. I don't have PSTD I just am depressed all the time and kinda withdrawn with no sleep.

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting treatment for depression is important. If the VA won't do it like you want get it from private source. If you are disabled and in pain is it easy to get depressed.